I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter19)

Ayden's POV

Ever since I argued with Jayleen, I just wanted to go back and apologize. Apologize for being a jealous jerk. I just snapped when I saw her with someone else that wasn't myself. That couldn't happen. Even though I knew she felt bad for seeing me with Piper and talking about the wedding, she also had to realize I felt bad watching her with him. I hated it.

I went back to my office, in a bad mood. Always in a bad mood when I'm not okay with Jayleen. Everything was suppose to be fine, but it's not. Never is..

My secretary gave me my notes, things I had to get done. I spent most of the day at the office working, going to small meetings. Once I finished, Jayleen was back in my thoughts.

I looked at the clock and it was four. Shit, I forgot I was suppose to meet up with Piper at the venue. I grabbed my keys and jacket and left.

When I got there, Piper was there, sitting down with a bunch of plates containing pieces of cake. I did not want to do this. Did not want to go through this wedding.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late, baby," I said, forcing a smile.

"It's alright. It's just that you were never late to something that had to do with the wedding," she said, a sad smiling crossing her face. I mentally punched myself. I had to work on my act, it wasn't working.

"Sorry baby, I just had a meeting and it finished a little late," I said, sitting next to her. She smiled at me, and I knew she was already over it. She leaned towards me, obviously wanting a kiss. I had no choice. I leaned into her and kissed her. I tried too stay, and not pull alway, but I had to act like I was still in love with her..

When I pulled away, she had a blush on her cheek, which I use to think was the most beautiful thing ever. Not that Piper wasn't beautiful, I just didn't see her as a lover anymore. My feelings changed. Anyone would notice how attractive she is.

"I love you, Ayden," she whispered, with a big smile. I forced a smile. "Love you too." ... Jayleen.

We spent an hour choosing a cake. She was so stubborn. I honestly would have chosen the first cake I tried so I could leave. This wasn't distracting me from thinking about Jayleen.

I wonder what's she's doing.. She's probably just getting up. I missed her already. I just wanted to lay with her, her telling me how her day was at work. Hearing her talk about her patients, in such a loving way.

I'm turning clingy as hell!

"Is something wrong, honey?" Piper's voice popped up, interrupting my thoughts.

"Nothing. Just thinking about a small problem at work. I'm sure I could resolve it," I lied. She smiled and hugged me.

"I might stop by tonight," she said and kissed me.

"That's great," I lied.

As I drove back to the office, I just wanted to make a U-turn and drive to Jayleen's apartment.

I couldn't though. She's probably still angry with me and I needed to give her some time. I'll just go see her in a couple of days. Just thinking that I won't see her in a couple of days, just got me even more desperate to go.

As I was walking to my office, I went to see Devin. He wasn't there. Vivian wasn't here either, so they're probably out together.

I concentrated on my work, which kind of worked, but Jayleen would still pop out in my thoughts.

I walked to my car, heading home. It was barely 9 o'clock. I decided to go to the gym, maybe that was a good distraction from thinking about her.

It made it worse. As I worked out, she wouldn't leave my head at all. Her gentle smile, her voice, how her brown eyes would watch me. I needed her!