I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter9)

Jayleen's POV

"Maybe God thinks it's better off if I stay on my own," I murmured.

"That's not true, Jayleen. Everyone deserves to love," he said. I signed and laid my head against his shoulder. I was suddenly curious.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"No. I don't like anyone right now," he said.

"I wish I could be like you. I wish I didn't love Ayden and my life could be easier!" I huffed.

I left his house at 8. We spent time looking through his pictures. We took some pictures and I felt happy when I was with him. He's really awesome. When I'm with Devin it's hard to stop thinking about Ayden. They just have to look alike.

I drove home and I was already dreading being there. I had nothing to do. I went on my laptop and checked how much money I have in my account. I have more then 20 grand. That's good. I might use some money for a vacation. I might go back to France. I miss my homeland.

I read a France book until I had to go to work. I got ready and left. I got there early and my shift wasn't boring at all. When break came, a really odd thought came to me. I thought about adopting a baby. Since I think I'm never going to get married and no one is going to love me; I still want kids. I want to be a mom, I want to help my kids with their homework.

The though didn't leave my head until I got home and fell asleep.

I woke up and took a soothing shower. I dressed in comfortable clothes and went to eat. I looked in the mirror while I was going to the kitchen. I still have those really terrible bags under my eyes. I feel like crap.

While I ate, I had an incoming call from Vivian.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, Jayleen. How're you?" she asked and I could tell she was a little shy.

"I'm okay. You?" I said.

"I'm fine. I was wondering if we could.... hangout?" she asked timidly.

"Of course! You should come over my house," I said. She agreed more relaxed now and I explained her how to get to my house.

I changed quickly and went to wait in my living room. I heard a knock on the door a few minutes later and I went to get it. Vivian was there with a kind smile.

"Hi Vivian, come in!" I said. She grinned and walked in.

We sat down.

"How did you and Devin meet?" I asked.

"I'm actually his secretary," she said and blushed lightly.

"Oh, that's cool. He's nice, isn't he?" I said and she blushed red. I laughed. She's definitely in love.

"I know you..... like him," I said and her eyes went wide.

"No! I don't! I mean... I only like him as a.... friend!" she stuttered.

"You don't have to hide it from me, Vivian. I'm not going to run and tell him. I'm not like that."

She looked at the ground and frowned.

"I do like him. A lot, actually....."

"He's single," I said and she smiled small.

"I doubt he will ever be interested in me. I'm after all, his secretary and he seems to like you..."

My eyes went wide. Devin doesn't like me. I'm sure of it.

"Vivian, he likes me as a sister and that's all. He knows what I'm going through and is worried about me."