4. Nolan's Twisted Mind

"Sabby!"

My mum was talking on the phone, trying to convince me to take a break from my final days at work.

It was week 3 since I came back from London. I was jobless, homeless... well, soon to be homeless, and hungry.

I hadn't left my house for an entire week. My fridge was empty, my mum was out of town and my taste for bread had vanished.

Pendo hadn't visited in a week. He was dealing with paps following him everywhere. As thus, he stayed away.

"I can't come mum. You know why!"

"I'll buy your apartment then!" she threatened. I sighed and shook my head.

"Bye mum!"

*&*&*&*&

"When will you be back?" Simon asked, sounding upset.

"Hopefully next week if everything goes well. I got cleared from work and my mum will be around next week to help me pack..."

"Are you okay?" Simon Cowell suddenly asked. Just then, a dizzy spell hit me. I gasped, sitting down as my stomach ached even more.

"I... I..."

"Sabrina?"

I gasped as my stomach began to ache even more. It made me want to crawl into a corner and cry.

"Uncle Si," it just slipped out, "I'm in pain... I... I... I can't breathe... It hurts, It really really hurts!"

Truth be told, I had had ulcer attacks before, but this was by far, the worst. I couldn't even move for fear that I'd trigger more pain.

"Sabby, I need you to stay calm. You are a nurse, what would you do in such a situation?"

Just as I started to think, I felt this overwhelming urge to throw up. I remember wondering how I could have something to throw up when I hadn't eaten in days.

My subconscious reminded me to move towards the bathroom. Luckily, the bathroom was a few paces from my room.

I could hear Simon speaking as I held the phone in one of my hands. The pain and the need to throw up got worse. Just as I got to the toilet bowl, my gut spewed forth whatever it was that was rapidly weakening me.

"Sabrina, You... call... help...." I heard faintly as my mind struggled to keep me from passing out. "Call... Pendo... hurry..."

With each passing second, the pain got worse and my sight got dim. I remember reaching for my ordinary phone and dialing Pendo's number. He picked up at the first ring.

"Hello!"

"Pendo...!" I spoke, trying to keep awake, but I was losing that battle. "Pendo..."

"Sabrina?" he asked in worry, "are you okay?"

"No... I... need you... now..."

"Sabrina you have to tell me where you are. Talk to me!"

Idiot!

i have to. I might fall asleep and die.

"At home..." it was a struggle doing anything right now. I could hear him yelling for me to stay with him but the pain was dragging me into a quiet and dark place.

"Help..." I said just before my eyes shut and I fell to the side.

*&*&*&*&

I could smell something awful as I laid in bed.