X

▌│█║▌║▌║▌║▌║▌║█│▌│█

• ▌│█║▌║▌║[ ღ ]║▌║▌║█│▌•

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
「 ten ; remember forever。 」━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AFTER THE WEEKEND, the awaited monday has come and jaemin has already so many things planned out. the whole chemistry lecture, jaemin tapped his foot against the floor impatiently as he waited for the lecture to come to an end.

once it did, all he had to do now was wait for his classmates to leave. the classroom was now empty. hwayoung turned around and had a bright smile plastered on her face. "how's the weekend? was the weather okay?"

"see it for yourself." jaemin grabbed hwayoung's hand and bolted out the room holding her hand.

jaemin and hwayoung went through the door with their hands intertwined and hwayoung was able to get through. hwayoung had her eyes closed the entire time, and by she opened it; she was out of the room.

hwayoung was surprised when she was able to get out. her eyes twinkled in awe as her jaw dropped in surprise. jaemin on the other hand, had forgotten everything that happened in the classroom, but when he saw himself holding hwayoung's hand, he had one thing in mind;

his plan worked.

"oh my god!" jaemin breathes out. his hand latched onto his mouth as he couldn't get over the fact that his plan actually worked. jaemin lets out a sigh to calm himself before he turns to hwayoung with a bright smile. "so, what do you wanna do?"

"i want to spend every moment with you." blush was spread across jaemin's cheeks as if they were painted on them. this time, hwayoung took the lead and dragged jaemin out of the school.

the two enjoyed the setting sun while it lasted. it's been awhile since hwayoung was able to step out and enjoyed the sun grazing on her skin. the two played gleefully but to others, it was just jaemin having lots of fun by himself.

jaemin didn't mind the stares. the only thing jaemin cared about was the smile hwayoung had on her face and how he could make that smile of hers last.

jaemin allowed hwayoung to drag him anywhere as long as she was happy. there was nothing stopping her. these memories they were making will never be erased from jaemin's. the two were outside the classroom and like i said, there was nothing holding them back.

after the entire fiasco of just them wandering around, the two found themselves under a tree, stargazing. jaemin heard his phone buzzing in his backpack, thinking it was his parents calling him. jaemin couldn't be bothered to pick up his phone. as long as he was happy, he couldn't be bothered to do anything else.

the two lie on the grass as the cold night breeze tickles their figures. stargazing sure was fun, especially if almost every star in existence was displayed on the night sky. it truly was a special night- almost like the perfect night.

for hwayoung at least; but for jaemin, he wasn't quite satisfied. the fact that hwayoung still had the fireflies and now jaemin knew what they meant, he had the urge to remove it from her.

"hwayoung," jaemin calls out softly. hwayoung hums in response, thinking it would make up for the lack of words. "i know why people don't remember you.." hwayoung turned to jaemin and gazed upon him. jaemin continues, "people don't remember you because of those fireflies..."

hwayoung smiled before she turned her gaze back to the sky. "i don't care if people don't remember me anymore jaemin." hwayoung sat up and looked down at jaemin with the sweetest smile dancing on her lips.

"as long as you remember me, i couldn't be any more happier."

eyes watery, jaemin sat up and stuttered, "i-i have the cure. i know the cure." jaemin breathes in and out before he continues, "but i don't think you'll like it."

giving her a sweet smile, jaemin closed his eyes before he pressed his lips against hwayoung's. hwayoung was caught off guard but she didn't hesitate to kiss him back and close her eyes as well. the two shared a kiss under the stars and it was romantic. jaemin felt butterflies in his stomach as they kissed, the feeling was euphoric. he just wished hwayoung felt the same too.

this was the cure.

jaemin kissing hwayoung was the cure. jaemin opened his eyes and well and behold: the fireflies, who didn't dare to touch him, were now going onto him. the fireflies were flying over to him as if they were being transferred to him.

once all of the fireflies were on him, hwayoung shot her eyes open and pushed him away as if jaemin was a complete stranger. jaemin saw the way hwayoung's face twisted in disgust before she stood up. it broke him.

without saying a peep, jaemin watched hwayoung dust herself off and walked away without sparing him a single glance. the sight was heartbreaking, tormenting, but it was okay.

tears were streaming down jaemin's cheeks as if they were waterfalls. jaemin had a difficult time breathing as his heart was really aching. jaemin held his chest as he muttered the words, "it's okay..." jaemin tried to pull off a smile but it only resulted in a crooked looking one.

this was the cure and jaemin knew hwayoung wouldn't like it as it meant; hwayoung will come back to life and will be remembered. however, she will forget jaemin and the curse will pass on to him. jaemin will be forgotten.

it was the only way to remove hwayoung's fireflies. it was to transfer it into another entity. the curse was unbreakable. a life for another life. and jaemin was okay to give up his.

"it's okay..."

· · ─────── · ✦ · ─────── · ·