EPILOGUE

▌│█║▌║▌║▌║▌║▌║█│▌│█

• ▌│█║▌║▌║[ ღ ]║▌║▌║█│▌•

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
「 epilogue ; hurt road。 」━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"... even after all the things i did, you forgot everything about me, but that's okay. i knew it was coming. i made this sacrifice and i have no regrets. i remember everything. i remembered you without your fireflies. you were a girl i had a crush on for years. all i did was not talk to you, support you, and love you from behind. that's probably why you didn't recognize me. this is why i did all of these things, it's because i loved you. and through love, i managed to see you even if you weren't there in other people's eyes. i didn't completely forget you. i remembered you without your fireflies, i hope you can remember me without them too.

jaemin."

through a simple, long, and heartwarming yet heart clenching letter, hwayoung was able to remember jaemin.

sobbing, hwayoung turns to the present and unwraps it gently. the ribbon unravels before she carefully tears open the wrapper. under the wrapper was a box.

hwayoung lifts open the lid and inside the box were sketches. sketches of different scenarios that were recorded in the notebook. hwayoung picked out one of them that to her stood out the most.

it was two figures lying under the stars. hwayoung could barely remember the scenario but she knew it happened thanks to the letter.

amidst all her stifled sobs, hwayoung was able to mutter, "thank you jaemin. for everything, i'll remember you forever." hwayoung brought the piece of paper closer to her and hugged it. tears cascaded down her cheeks as she smiled sweetly.

the letter wasn't from a stalker, it was from jaemin. jaemin sent the letter as a method or a way for hwayoung to remember him.

jaemin was right.

hwayoung didn't like the cure.

· · ─────── · ✦ · ─────── · ·