19. Luke to save the day

I'm sorry I haven't been updating this alot. I've been busy with school alot and ive been writing another story for these past weeks. I'm not going to publish that one since it's not done and I need time. So as you can see i'll be updating this book alot less. I haven't been motivated to continue it and I don't have alot ideas for it anymore. I'm not going to discontinue it. I just need time for each chapter. This one is short I'm so sorry.  -Jasy

A week had passed and my nightmares were still the same. My narcolepsy had worsened and Michael was out of town for a month. He promised me he would come back on my birthday but he still didn't come. It was today. He was too busy in the United States. He even had permission from our school to leave for a month. He said he would keep up with all the work. He left because his mom died and she lived all the way in the United States. I asked if I could come with him but he told me no, he was scared that I would miss school too much.

I've been spending these days inside mostly. Luke and Ashton started dating which is good. I've been third wheeling on fridays though when we had sleepovers. They knew I missed Michael but I also kept denying it telling them I was fine on my own.

It was weird in my house alone though. Most nights I have been sleeping in my sister's room. God I miss her. Her laugh. Her smile. Her kindness. How much she cared for me. How much she would do for me and get me out of trouble at school. She never deserved how it ended. She deserved to grow up with her partner and grow old. I could've been the cool gay uncle of her kids. But that will never happen.

"Fuck." I groaned, wrapping my finger in bandage. I hissed at the pain and shook it off quickly by shaking my hands next to my body.

It's day 7 and there are 24 days left until Michael gets home. Yes, I've been counting down. I miss him too much. We didn't even call. He usually just send a 10 second voice note each three days. That's not enough for me but atleast it's something, right?

It was already evening and I didn't get a sign from my boyfriend. Not even from Ashton and Luke. They are probably enjoying their time together. "Goddamnit." I huffed stabbing the knife into the wooden board. I was cutting vegetables for the salad I was making but I cut into my fingers mutiple times.

"'Need help?"

"Yes thank you Michael."

Michael walked up behind me and grabbed my wrists, guiding me in cutting the vegetables. I never did it his way. That annoyed him because I always cut in my fingers. I'm just not a cook.

"I miss you." I whispered looking down.

"I miss you too." He said kissing the back of my neck.

"You love me, right?" I asked softly putting the knife down.

"Michael?" I called out.

I woke up on the floor and groaned. My eyes immediately searched for the time and I saw only five minutes had passed. "Not again." I mumbled standing up and fixing my clothes. Luckily the knife I was holding was on the counter. I wiped my eyes and let out a shaky breath.

"Cal!" I heard someone shout and I turned to look at the front door. Michael? Oh it's Luke.

"Hey." I said walking to him. "Can I stay here this weekend?" He asked raising his eyebrow. "Yeah of course but why?" I asked crossing my arms. Ashton wasn't here so it must have to do something with him. "He's with Michael. Ashton left at midnight." Luke replied biting his lip. I gulped. So he just left without a goodbye. What a cunt I swear to god. "You can sleep with me in my bed. I know you like to cuddle with me." I said smiling as I went back to the kitchen.

Luke followed me and sat down by the dining table. "Also happy birthday Calum!" He said excited. I smiled softly, "Thank you Lukey."

"You are 18 now! You can legally drink alcohol now. Not like you haven't been drinking already." He said sarcastically at the end. I laughed and shrugged, "Oops I guess."

"Want to go to a club?" Luke asked tapping his fingers against the table. "You can't come with me." I sighed and chuckled. "You are still 17 silly." I said after turning around and putting a bowl of salad in front of him. "That's true but I have a fake ID." Luke smirked.

"How did you get it?" I asked, my eyes widening. I never saw Luke as the type to get fake ID's to party at clubs. And here I am thinking he was always a saint...apparently he has a bad side too. Not that I don't have a bad side. Obviously.

"I got it from a good friend of mine Louis. That guy that came here when Ashton had his birthday. I believe he came with Harry?" Luke said smiling. "Oh yeah I know them." I answered. "So what do you say? Come with me and party like everyone would do on a birthday or we can sit here watching a movie eating your shitty salad and waiting for Mikey and Ash to come even though they are all the way in the USA." Luke asked munching on the salad. I huffed, "First of all, my salad is great and delicious. Secondly the second option sounds really depressing so let's go clubbing, breadstick."

"Hey! Don't call me breadstick!" Luke pouted angrily.

"Well don't call my salad bad in front of it." I said rolling my eyes.