8. School Dance

A couple of weeks had passed.

I've been avoiding Michael even when he came up to me mutiple times and begged for forgiveness. I just ignored him, like he wasn't even there. Tonight was the school dance, 50's themed if I remember correctly. My cast got removed today and it feels really weird, my wrist feels really light but atleast I can do more stuff now like drawing and gaming since that's way easier with two hands.

Luke and Ashton were over at my place, we were getting dressed here so we could go to school together in Luke's car. When I'm eighteen I'm going for a motorcycle license.

We were wearing matching leather jackets with 'T Birds' on the back and black skinny jeans with vans as shoes. 

"Looking fine as hell boys!" Ashton smiled, hyping us up. I chuckled and shook my head, running my hand through my black hair which had blonde highlights now. I sighed and grabbed my phone and took a picture of us together. I'm probably going to print that out later and hang the picture with the others on the wall behind my bed. One picture has me and Ash asleep in the car on it.

We left my house and got into Luke's car. It was already dark outside and the only source of light were the lanterns. I saw the school getting closer and closer and bit on my lip softly. I was sitting alone in the backseat, bobbing my head to the music that was playing. I believe the song was called Homage from Mild High Club. 

Luke parked his car a bit further from the school next to the pavement. We got out of the car and looked at the school that was decorated with lights and banners that had 'Welcome in the 50's' imprinted on it. I saw lots of people heading inside so my friends and I decided to head into the school as well. 

The beat from the music was vibrating through my body and I held Ashton's hand when we entered the gym. People were dancing to the music and saw others were aside of the dance floor talking to eachother or eating the snacks from the table. They also had green punch, coke and something else but I couldn't make out what it was from this distance.

Luke pulled Ashton onto the dance floor. They quickly had disappeared into the crowd. Great now I was all alone. As any other third wheeler I went to the table with the drinks and snacks. I stood behind it and scooped some green punch from the bowl into a red cup. I stood in the back watching everyone. I occasionally checked my phone, it was only 1 AM meaning the party would last for another 4 hours. I decided to get away from everyone, I went into the hallway and walked down it. I entered the cafeteria and hummed. It was quiet here at least. 

I heard someone open the door as I sat down by a table. I took my phone out and didn't pay much attention to the person who had entered until he sat down in front of me. I looked up and saw it was Michael.

"What do you want?" I sighed, putting my phone in my pocket.

"Well hello to you to." He shook his head softly.

I let out a chuckle and looked down at my hands, drawing figure eights on the bottom of my hand.

"Michael why did you kiss me that night?" I asked.

He stared at me for a long moment until he stood up and walked away. I followed him grabbing his wrist tightly making him wince in pain. "Seriously Michael? You at least owe me an explanation."

He nodded and mumbled, "You're right." He sat down by a table after I let his wrist go. I sat down as well and raised my eyebrow waiting for him to start talking.

"Well Luke told you everything, didn't he?"

"He did but I want your explanation. Just because we met once years ago and I forgot about you doesn't mean that you can kiss me all of a sudden Michael! Not when you have a girlfriend or if you were single at the time." I shouted at him, clenching my fists under the desk.

Eternal Spring || Malumजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें