Chapter 3 - The lynx has arrived

Elodie jumped at the voice, briskly turning around. The boy appeared out of thin air, standing just an inch behind her. He almost gave her a heart attack.

"I asked you a question," he growled, backing her against the wall.

"I-"

"How did you get here?"

He rushed the questions, overwelming her until she forgot how to speak. Elodie couldn't handle such preassure and so she made herself as small as possible, submitting herself to his dominance. She didn't even try to fight him and the wizard, whom she had met earlier that day, analyzed her. She reminded him of a panicked animal just before being attacked. He examined her foreign looks, filled with interest and abhorance of her sudden presence.

She was quite small, especially in comparison to him. Her eyes were stretched wide in fear, her irises shading with cloud like obscurity. He couldn't tell the color of them. She was very pale, sickly almost, her lips fading among the color of her skin. The only vibrant feature about her were her hair, chestnut of color, long and shiny, falling over her shoulders in loose curles.

"Do you not know how to talk?" he hissed, although something in him moved at the sight of her. He just didn't want to admit it. Something about her nature intimidated him. Not in a fear like manner. It was more of a curiosity mixed with the want to dominate.

"I-I was left through."

His eyes narrowed at her reply. This close, in the dimm light, he was even more intimidating than before.

Elodie didn't dare to look away from him in fear he would try to hurt her. She took her time to take a better look at him instead, carving his features into her brain.

He was very tall and well built, although still more of a slender figure. His hair was so dark it almost reflected blue in the specks of light and a thin scar ran through his right eyebrow.

"How?"

"W-what?"

"How could you be left through?" he growled, stepping closer. Elodie forgot how to breathe at that point.

"I-I belong here."

The wizard approached her even further, leaning down to her eye level and Elodie squeezed her eyes shut, shuddering at the closeness of him. His hot breath hit her skin and she weakly inhaled the scent, rocognizing mint and something of a bitter taste.

"May the Devil has mercy on you if you are lying to me, witch."

A woosh of air fanned her face and Elodie opened her eyes, only to face an empty space.

He was gone.

"Ela?!"

She jumped at the sound, still on the verge of an anxiety breakdown.

"Are you allright?"

She didn't reply for a second, composing herself.

"Y-yes!"

"Try to find your uniform! It should be there somewhere!"

The moment Ginny finished her sentence, a single door cracked open. At first, Elodie jumped at the sound. She was still shaking, but she gritted her teeth in stubbornness and walked towards it, tired of her constant dismay. She hastily stepped inside, warily pushing at the wooden desk, truly, seeing a set of new uniform lying on the single bed, together with a black cloak and the very few belongings she owned.

She briefly examined the soft material, a ghost of a smile dragging her lips apart. The robe consisted of a black dress, that had long sleeves and a laced turtleneck. She was about to put it on when she noticed something sparkling underneath it. The cloak was laced with golden stitching, a difficult pattern shining in the middle.