Chapter 26 - The Mermaid Hunt

Sorry it took longer. I got real sick. I will try to post another chapter as soon as possible.  

Elodie heard nothing the demon said. Her mind was completely preoccupied with the recent events. She was certain she will be gone soon. She was also sure, that she will miss the place terribly. Although she had no idea just how deeply her roots sprung the last months.

She was a part of it. Elodie didn't know what it really meant, but she knew there will be a hole in her chest for the rest of her life.

Guilt was eating her alive.

The witch barely lifted her eyes off her desk when the demon lit aflame, and she moved her notebook across the table, only to reveal a burnt piece of parchment.

A fire-message.

Her eyes twinkled at the sight of it.

Elodie quickly grasped it in her small fist and rushed out of the classroom, away from the rest of the students before she unfolded it. Her heart jumped with joy.

We will meet at midnight in the dungeons. Better have a nap beforehand, because I can guarantee you, you won't be sleeping for the rest of the night.

PS: There will be company.

Fortunately, the hours rolled by fast, and even thought Elodie tried to get some sleep as she was advised to, she simply couldn't. The excitement was keeping her very much awake.

The clock struck midnight and the witch covered her frame in a thick cloak, moving through the academy like a mere shadow. She learnt many things from Galina, and being sneaky was one of them. The witch learnt many traits of the royals. She was taught how to move like a nobility. How to talk and disappear unnoticed.

It was ridiculous, really, how fast she fit in.

Elodie quickly escalated down the slippery stairs, her eyes narrowed towards darkness. She could make up silhouettes in the far end of the underground, and she hesitantly approached.

Her common sense screamed danger, but her heart was engulfed with joy and curiosity.

None of them said a word. The figures just stood there in the dark, in utter silence. The padding of Elodie's feet was the only sound heard. She approached carefully, keeping her guard up, and when she finally came close enough, a single flame lit up.

"Boo," Draco mused darkly, his face illuminated by green fire. The morbid and sadistic atmosphere thrilled Elodie and she returned an evil smile.

"What is this?" she asked in amusement, skipping between the familiar faces. Galina was grinning like a maniac, standing between Draco and Blaise. The two other people, Elodie didn't know. One of them was a tall guy, with messy brown hair and hypnotic green eyes. The colour of them was so vibrant it seemed unnatural.

He smirked at her.

"Theodore Nott," he gently took her hand, placing a chaste kiss on her knuckles. "My pleasure, Miss Amos."

Galina gagged, earning a distasteful look in return.

"You are so not manipulating my friend, Theo. We all know you are no gentleman."

The wizard straightened at her words, yet his face showed nothing but a cocky smile.

"Tell me, Ginny, what woman would prefer a gentle approach over a good fuck?"

For the first time, Galina had nothing to say, and her cheeks flushed bright pink.

"Maybe if you knew how to use your cock correctly, you wouldn't have to pound your whores through the wall," Draco stated nonchalantly, and Theo threw his head back with a laugh.