six

Calum would like to think he's pretty smart. He'd like to think he can sense when his best friends are lying.

He's wrong, apparently.

He stares at Ashton's bunk with raised eyebrows and wide eyes. Ashton stares right back with a similar expression, like he though Calum wouldn't be able to find them. Like he thought Calum wouldn't just walk into the little room the holds the bunks and catch them in the act.

"Um," Calum says finally.

Michael finally pulls his face from Ashton's neck to reveal a string of hickeys from Ashton's jaw to his collarbones. He sets his cheek on top of Ashton's bare chest and smiles at Calum sleepily.

"Hiya," he says, like he hasn't just totally betrayed Calum.

"Hi?" Calum responds. He's still confused as to what he's looking at. Besides Michael and Ashton all cuddled up in the bunk right above his.

"You're welcome to join," Michael offers, wiggling his eyebrows and grinning shortly at Calum. Bus bunks were not made for more than one person, let alone three. Then again, Michael is laying directly on top of Ashton, so it's basically one person. They shift over with a small struggle and a few grunts of pain when Michael digs his elbows into Ashton's ribs. Calum crawls up into the bunk and lays on his side, wrapping an arm around Michael's waist gently.

"I didn't think you'd do it," Ashton admits, darting his eyes around nervously. Like Calum hasn't already noticed the hickeys.

"Yeah, well," Calum shrugs and ducks forward and rub his nose against Ashton's shoulder. "You guys never want to cuddle with me, I'll take what I can get."

"I cuddle with you all the time!" Ashton scoffs. Which is sort of true, honestly.

"Yeah, but never the three of us," Calum reminds him. Ashton hums in agreement and twists an arm around to wrap an arm around Calum's neck, tugging him closer and forcing Calum's face into his neck.

Michael starts shifting around again until he can press a sloppy kiss to Calum's shoulder. "You aren't wearing a shirt," he points out.

"I just took a shower, I was coming to get some clothes," Calum shrugs, accidentally hitting Michael in the mouth with his shoulder. Michael pouts.

"You smell nice," Ashton admits.

Michael's still pouting, so Calum leans over to press a chaste kiss to his bottom lip. Michael beams at him and sets his face back down on Ashton's chest happily.

The thin door slides open then, causing Ashton to suck in a sharp breath.

"Why are you all cuddling without me?" Luke demands.

"Band cuddles," Michael explains, looking up at Luke without moving his head. "We've got some bad news for you, Luke."

Luke scoffs and nudges Calum's back. "Shove over!"

"Luke, fuck off, we're shoved over as far as we can shove," Michael groans. "There is literally no possible way we could shove over anymore."

There's a slight pause and Calum can practically hear Luke scheming. He manages to get out, "Luke, no!" before Luke's crawling into the tiny bunk anyway, cramming himself on top of all three of them and wiggling around until his knobby limbs dig into practically every part of Calum's body. They all groan and yell at Luke, to no avail.

Luke manages to get himself comfortable, partially on top of Calum, partially on top of Michael, partially on top of Ashton, with his chin resting between Michael's shoulder blades and his left leg hitched over Calum's thigh. He sighs in content and says, "Right on top, where I should be."