twelve

((I made Lu draw Calum in a genderflux shirt on the cover because I love it and I'm cry

-Mel))

 Michael has an unconscious tendency to lash out when someone attempts to pull him out of sleep. Ashton refuses to wake him up, no matter the occasion, and Luke's slightly horrified that Michael would punch him in the face for touching his shoulder.

Which leaves Calum to force him to start the day.

Calum's being doing this for years, he knows exactly how to avoid being hit or kicked or smacked.

He swings one leg over Michael at 10:30 in the morning, setting himself lightly on top of Michael's thin waist. Next, he reaches over to grab Michael's arms, thanking every god he knows that Michael's a pretty heavy sleeper, and pins his wrists above his head with one hand. Michael inhales deeply in his sleep and jerks his head to the left, scrunching his nose up in annoyance. Calum brings his free hand down and plants it on the bed, right next to Michael's ribs as a brace.

He leans down slightly and presses a tiny, fluttering kiss to the center of Michael's chest. He moves up then, pressing his lips all over Michael's chest and collarbones and shoulders. Michael's arms twitch and push against his hand, then relax when he realizes what's happening. Calum finally starts moving up when he sees the tiny smile on Michael's pale pink lips. He starts kissing his way up Michael's neck, stopping to suck and bite a pretty red mark into his skin every once in a while. Michael hums in approval and tilts his head further back to give Calum more access.

Calum kisses under his jaw and across his cheeks, only stopping when his lips land on the corner of Michael's mouth. The boy beneath him expects a kiss, apparently, but the goal here is to wake him up, not to kiss his face off for longer than he's supposed to. Ashton had said they were meant to leave in fifteen minutes and Calum had already used a solid five.

(But, Calum's also a total sucker for Michael's pout, so he gives him three tiny kisses on the mouth.)

"Morning!" Calum chirps, finally sitting up so he can properly look at Michael. "Ashy says it's time to wake up!"

"So they sent you in?" Michael scoffs. "Now I never want to leave. Let go of my hands so I can touch you."

"No, sorry, you have ten minutes," Calum grins and leans forward again to kiss him. At the last second, he ducks his head and plants his lips on Michael's chin, making the older boy huff in frustration.Calum laughs and crawls off of him, keeping Michael's hands above his head until his feet are flat on the floor. As soon as he let's go, Michael sits up and swings his legs over the edge of the bed, instantly grabbing Calum's waist and pulling him between them. He smiles until Calum rolls his eyes and kisses him again.

With Michael's legs bracketing his and Michael's mouth on his, he suddenly remembers doing something he probably shouldn't have done. He's not sure what he and Michael are, but he still feels a little guilty about whatever he and Luke are.

Calum pulls back, frowns, and says, "I kind of slept with Luke."

Michael's eyebrows furrow and his lips instantly press into a thin line. He let's go of Calum's waist and leans back on the bed, using his hands as a brace, then regards Calum with concern.

Calum's officially failed his one and only goal of getting Michael out of bed.

"When?" Michael asks finally, voice soft and careful.

Calum shrugs. "I kissed him about a month ago, then fucked- well, I guess I just fingered him at that club we went to a while back."

"Why are you telling me this?" Michael asks, raising an eyebrow at the mention of the club.