eleven

((LOOK AT THE COVER LU MADE US. LOOK AT IT. Thanks Lu aka coffeeshopluke !!!!! ))

Calum slips the soft pink crop top on first. It slims her shoulders and hangs loose to the bottom of her ribs, stopping in time to show the smooth curve of her thin, feminine waist and hips. The fabric is soft and smooth on her bare skin, making a small smile flicker on her lips.

Next comes the skirt. Its a pleated, black, high waisted one that settles just above her belly button. It flowers out to the middle of her smooth thighs, swishing along her hips and bum gently. She sits at the edge of the hotel bed then and slides on one black sock, stretching it and plucking at the fabric until it goes over her knee and almost to the hem of her skirt. After putting on the second one, she stands up again and pauses.

She likes the socks. Its the first time she's wearing them. Michael had gotten them for her with a small smile and a quiet, "You're going to look cute as hell in these, baby."

She does look cute as hell in them.

They grip her calves and knees tightly, holding in everything she hates and smoothing out the muscles with the dark fabric. They make her knees look less knobby and her legs look less manly.

Finally, as an ending touch for the outfit, she slips on some black hidden heels. They make her even taller, which makes her frown. She rips them off again and replaces them with a worn out pair of black vans.

And, finally, Calum looks in the mirror.

There's a soft pink bow in her straightened, bleached out hair, along with the same color eye shadow covering her eyelids. Her lashes are longer and curled up, thanks to an eyelash curler and some mascara. She'd even managed to dig out some foundation and blush.

The entire outfit makes her smile. The makeup makes her smile. The hair and the bow name her smile. She's grinning at her reflection when the door flings open.

It's Luke, frowning down at a piece of crumpled pink fabric, in his hands and walking with a purpose. "Hey, Cal, do you think you could- woah," he blurts upon looking up and catching sight of Calum.

Calum flushes instantly and stumbles backwards in an aborted attempt to get away from Luke. Luke's mouth drops open and his eyes widen, practically raking across Calum's body. He's still staring when the door opens up again and the other two come in, glaring at each other and bickering obliviously.

Ashton notices the tense atmosphere and cuts himself off halfway through an insult, glancing up and following Luke's eyes. Michael isn't so quick and bumps into Luke's back, making both of them stumble and Michael swear. When he doesn't get a response, he glances up and cuts off with a startled choking noise.

Calum continues blushing. She squirms under the attention of the three boys with their eyes wide and their mouths open, and realises this is the first time any of them have seen her in a completely girlish outfit. They've seen bits and pieces, like skirts and socks and shirts, but never the whole outfit put together. She's horrified at their reactions, they can't seem to stop staring at her.

She ducks down, still flushed and frowning, eyes burning with tears, and darts into the bathroom before they can stop her. The door slams shut before they snap out of it and Michael yells a surprised, "Wait!"

"Calum, come back!" Luke tacks on.

Calum locks the door into place and leans against it, pressing her back against it. The strip of skin showing between the waistline of her skirt and the hem of her shirt burns at the freezing cold wood of the door.