𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

———✰———

———✰———

Addie spent most of the day watching the girls build shelters and drawing in her sketch pad. She felt pretty useless most of the day but as the judge, she had to make sure no one was cheating. It was pretty hard to cheat but Addie just did as she was told. Fatin kept avoiding all the work she could which was a little funny to watch but probably frustrating to be on the other end of her.

The visors team was doing quite well considering they were missing a person. But that was when Leah and Fatin got into an argument that lead to Leah naked in the ocean with Fatin's blood on her face. Which was very poetic and dramatic.

———✰———

Toni
"Control. Adults love to throw that word around. You know, always telling us to use it, not lose it, to get ourselves under it. Like it's the easiest thing in the world. Like I could take a deep breath or a walk around the goddamn block. Every ignorant shit who's ever told you to get yourself under control should just try being young and scared with your heart on the line. Controls not easy. Controls a fucking fantasy.

———✰———

Addie got bored as the day went by and wandered about until she found Toni sitting alone on a rock by a tree.

"Hey, trouble. What ya moping about?" Addie asked softly as she sat next to the dark-haired girl.

"I just, I feel like I'm losing her. Like I did Regan, and it's making me so angry" Toni explained sounding tense as she laid her head on the blonde's shoulder.

"Losing, who? Martha?" Addie asked.

"You're not losing her. She's just making some new friends. And sure at the moment, it might feel like that but she's your best friend your never really gonna lose her" Addie told Toni trying to calm her down but didn't get an answer.

"Hey, what happened with this Regan girl? How could anyone have possibly let you go?" Addie tried again to get Toni in a better mood.

"Regan. She was this girl I loved. But she broke up with me, she said I was like birch bark, one little match and I would catch fire...I just, I got so angry and there were these creepy boys. I was trying to protect her but... I just hurt her instead. So she broke up with me. Said she couldn't handle my anger. I ended up beating up her car" Toni shortened the story.

"You beat her car! How?" Addie asked sounding more amused than anything which made a flicker of a smile appear on Toni's face.

"With my super heavy bag," Toni told the blonde.

"Damn, glad I don't have a car to keep you away from" Addie teased lightly. "Besides if she didn't want to be with you because of a little bit of anger than her loss. It was an accident right?" Addie asked and got a small nod in return "right so then let her loss be someone else's gain."