𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

———✰———

———✰———

It'd felt like forever since Addie had seen any of the girls other than Shelby. And she missed them. She missed all of them. She missed Fatin and Dot and how the three of them would mess around and laugh together or talk about anything, she missed Shelby and the connection they had towards the end of there time on the island, she missed Martha and how she had this unwavering innocence that everything was gonna be okay, she missed Leah and how they seemed to understand each other more so as things got stranger on the island. She even missed Rachel and how she let the girls in to see her more fun and laid back self. But most of all Addie missed Toni. She missed how they were always close to each other, the looks they'd share and instantly understand what the look meant. Addie just missed her girls.

But right then as she sat at the stupid desk, in her stupid stuffy room, completing what felt like the hundredth stupid crossword puzzle, she practically feels the eyes of someone staring at her. Addie knew that whoever the people out there were. They were not your regular FBI agents and they were watching her like a lab experiment. Addie hated it. Hated the loneliness, the paranoia, the boredom, the craziness she felt when she doubted herself on her theories of not being told the truth, the empty feeling she had that left her head in a turmoil of anxiety, she hated all of it.

———✰———

Nora

"No one came for us. Days here: 22. Days since the plane flew over: six. Days without food: two."

None of the girls had the energy to do anything. They were all sat together in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence but a silence where no one even knew what to say. They were all just hungry and feeling hopeless.

"No ones cried in a while. No one even seems that afraid anymore. Not because we're strong or brave. Because when you're this starving, you can't feel anything else"

Toni and Addie were sitting close like they always were but didn't seem to have the energy to do anything but lean on each other. Toni was struggling to stay awake and the only movement Addie could seem to do at that moment in time was to poke the curly-haired girl next to her when she started to doze off. The girls were trying not to sleep in fear of passing out from hunger.

"Hunger is a force of nature, and it's taking out the best of us."

Leah was sitting with them but with her back to the others so that she was facing the water. Nora was sat next to Addie and Toni, but not as close as the pair were to each other, writing in her diary trying to concentrate on something else but the hunger she was feeling. Dot was in a constant state of guilt for letting them eat all the and every so often she would say some from where her head was on one of the aeroplane chair cushions. The others would disagree half-heartedly, not because they agreed but because they didn't have the energy to. Everyone was just completely drained, everyone but Shelby. Shelby seemed to have bounced back since she had her hair cut and let out all her bottled up emotion. She was back to her normal cheerful self. And Addie never thought she would be so happy to see it but she was.