𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

———✰———

———✰———

Leah
"The others, when do I get to see them?" Leah asked Faber who had entered her room telling her she could ask questions.

"Soon? I hope. The quarantine order aside, we can't have you conferring during the investigation. Keeping you separate it helps the account be less muddled, more honest. You really must miss them, huh?" Faber asked the blue-eyed girl.

"Yeah" Leah nodded thinking of the girls she had spent over a month trapped on an island with. "Maybe more than I thought I would. Maybe...like a... a lot. Maybe it was just the passing of time. But at some point we just sort of clicked. It wasn't like we were friends or anything but... for the first time we were an 'us'. We laid out rules we each had tasks. It sounds lame, but it didn't feel that way. The rules were fair and the... and the tasks were shared, and we were each entitled to one rest day because it was brutal out there and we all just needed a chance to mellow to be alone with our thoughts. Everyone except me. Ever since Jeanette's body went missing everything about the island just felt off again. Things got dark, in my head."

———✰———

Addie's job for the day was cleaning with Martha on day twelve. Addie liked cleaning it was a chance to keep herself busy without actually having too much considering the only thing that needed to be cleaned were their clothes. She also liked cleaning because she basically got to talk with whoever was with her.

But with all of the cleaning done for today Martha was sleeping with Marcus like they were a married couple. And Addie was sitting and talking with Fatin who was in charge of the fire for the day.

It was fairly calm until Rachel's voice screamed from above "hey, party people! Who's ready to fucking feast?" Before pulling out a swag bag full of muscles for them to eat making all the girls cheer and Rachel danced in celebration.

———✰———

It didn't take long before the girls to all start digging in once the muscles were cooked.

"Come to mama" Dot smiled as she ate another muscle. They decided it was a free for all they could eat as many as they wanted.

"Hell, yeah! You know, I can already feel my health meter coming back up to 100" Dot smiled eating another muscle.

"You true fucking feel. Please tell me that wasn't a gaming reference" Fatin teased as she too ate another muscle.

"Can't do that" Dot told her apologetically making them all chuckle.

"I know these are little animals and all, but they're so good and I can't stop eating them. What's wrong with me?" Martha told the girls unapologetically.