September 8th, 2021 (Later...)

I sat there crying for what felt like days, but it was only a few hours. It was getting dark, and started raining. I got up from my comfy bed and sat in my window, I watched the rain fall on the foggy window, my tears started to dry up as I thought of a childhood memory...

I was with my mom, we were at a pier. It started to rain, so we went into the car. My mom got a phone call, so I looked out the window. The raindrops were falling at different paces, so I bet on which raindrop would reach the bottom of the window first. I played this all the way home.

I just started this calming game when Mione walked in. She carried with her some sweets and a note. "I'm not in the mood Mione, that wasn't cool", she looked grim and blurted

"Please, I'm sorry" 

I knew she was gonna go on a ramble, which i never liked, but i decided to let her continue.  

"I wrote that apology for h- oh no..."

"MIONE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" 

I'm now full on balling. I can't believe it. Ron couldn't even apologize with his own words. I stand up and walk out of the room fuming. I storm out and go sit in the courtyard under a tree. I fidget with my Gryffindor ring as familiar foot steps approach, it was Ginny, oblivious to the problem.

She kindly asks "What's wrong, I have never seen you cry like this before..." 

I hastily answer "It-its nothing Gin, I just don't know why I bother anymore. Ron can't even apologize on his own, he had to have Hermione write it, and he couldn't even MUTTER that out. I-I just don't know what to do." 

Ginny is silent for a few minutes, she finally offers "Um I really shouldn't be telling you this, but the reason Mione wrote it was because Ron was too scared to say an apology on his own. For some reason he wanted it to be perfect, he felt awful and i guess his dumb jealousy got over him, I wasn't supposed to tell you, but you are so hurt, and I can't stand seeing you like this." 

(jealousy? JEALOUSY??) Her voice started to crack towards end while tears filled her gentle eyes. She felt she did something wrong, how sweet.

"Gin, thank you for telling me, I need to go find Ron, tell Mione I am sorry for yelling at her, I'll see you later." 

I stand up and give her a hug, and headed up to Ron's dorm.

Neville gave me key once, when he asked me to water his plants for him over a weekend. I head up to his dorm, its around 8pm so I know he's working on homework. I quietly open the door to find Neville and Seamus asleep, Ron is, of course, doing homework.

Harry is sitting on the windowsill petting Hedwig and looking out, he notices me first..

"UH WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" 

Ron's head shoots up as Harry basically yells this, and his face goes tomato red. He looks at me and starts to tear up, Harry notices.

"Oh um I guess I will leave you two alone..." 

I quietly reply "Thanks Harry", Harry gets up and leaves, Hedwig on his arm.

Ron looks up at me and with tears in his eyes says 

"hey.." 

I reply "hi", in a quiet tone. 

"uh how did you get in?"

 "I have a key from Neville when he asked me to water his plants for a weekend..."

I start to really tear up now, my voice still innocent and quiet. How could I stay mad at him? How could I hate him? He breaks the silence between us, he stands up and cups my face in his hand, I feel his gentle touch and melt.

"I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you, ever. I just got jealous that you and Neville were spending time alone, even though he likes Lun-, um nevermind, anyways, I'm so-" 

I interject in a quiet but sweet tone "Let me stop you right there Ronald Weasley. Ginny told me the whole story, and before you get mad at her, I am glad she did, I had been crying for hours before then. Ron I forgive you-"

I take his hand on my face and stroke it a few times and say "I will always forgive you..." I look him in the eyes and start to sob, He pulls me into his chest, and I suddenly feel my guard being let down. His touch feels so natural, so right. We hug for what feels like hours, and suddenly he pulls away, face still beet red. I wanted to so badly kiss him in that moment, I realized my huge ass crush on him and wanted to act, but a friendship like ours is hard to find, and I don't wanna lose it...

He cautioned " You should get back to your dorm before Neville or Seamus wakes up.." he puts his head close to my ear and whispers "goodnight" into my ear. (what the-) I am screaming inside. I pull him back and whisper back "goodnight Ronald Weasley", I smile and walk out the door, I offer to give the key back, but he said to keep it.

I walk back to my dorm to find Ginny asleep and Mione up reading. I enter and Mione questioned "Where have you been?!" I reply quietly, still melting 

" I was with Ron, I apologized and he apologized and....I melted, and I am still currently melting..." 

"Ah okay, well get to bed, read the note in the morning, I don't think you will be able sleep if you read it tonight..." 

Confused, I answer "Okay Mione, goodnight", I slip into my bed, my mind racing with a million thoughts, I smile faintly and drift into sleep.