September 10th, 2021

"What are you two doing here...?"

I wake up to Professor Snape almost yelling this. I almost jump in a haste, Ron looks down at his shoes. I sleepily and out of breathe reply "Oh um, we fell asleep studying last night." Professor Snape's face is puzzling

 "I don't see any books or ink and parchme-", he stops as Professor McGonagall arrives 

"Oh Miss.Tetrino and Mr.Weasley, I was just looking for you, come this way please." 

I look at Snape and bellow "Good day professor, I will see you in Potions class in 4 hours."

 He walks away and Professor McGonagall takes us to the hallway. She checks to see if Snape is gone, and angrily comments" WHAT WERE YOU TWO DOING?! ITS 5 AM FOR HEAVENS SAKE!!"

Ron interjects "I'm sorry Professor, she went looking for Hermione because she didn't return to her dorm last night, and she found me in the Astronomy Tower and then Hermione and Malfoy showed up and she got upset so she stormed out and she went to the courtyard and I followed her and-",

Professor McGongall interrupts 

" Okay okay Mr.Wealsey, I have heard quiet enough. I will let you both go off this time with a warning, but next time, there will be consequences." 

We both nod and start to walk back to our dorms in complete silence. I arrive back to mine and quietly slip into my bed and pretend to be asleep for the 15 minutes I have until my alarm goes off.

I walk to breakfast alone since, as you can guess, Mione and I aren't on speaking terms at the moment, and Gin has gone off to the Library to "study" with Harry. I walk in, grab my breakfast and notice everyone starring at me. I proceed to put my middle finger up and I walk to my seat.

I sit and immediately ask everyone who is sitting around me why everyone is looking at me. 

Dean pipes up "Uh there's a rumor going around that you and Ron fell asleep together last night...."

Ron looks up and sprints out of the room, Seamus follows, just to make sure he's okay. 

"Does anyone know who started this false accusation?"

Dean looked relieved 

"yeah, everyone is saying that Malfoy started it" 

and with no hesitation Hermione gets up, walks over to the Slytherin table, yanks Malfoy up from his seat and drags him into the hallway. I quietly get up from my seat after a minute and ty to follow them. I can hear Dean whispering 

"No, NO! Don't!!" 

I find Hermione and Draco on the stair steps.

She proceeds to slap him and yells

 "DRACO! What were you thinking?!?! Her and I are already on horrible terms, and that's all my fault, but you didn't have to start that rumor, yes we did see them, but THATS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS! You said you cared and me, yet you go around making rumors about my best friend! If you don't end this rumor RIGHT NOW I will never talk to you AGAIN! GO, GO NOW, IN THE GREAT HALL."

I'm shocked, I didn't know Hermione could use such tone

 "...fine", Draco replies, and he storms into the great hall, Mione following, and I trail behind. He enters the Great Hall and gets everyone's attention.

He starts 

"Everyone, you might have been hearing a rumor involving Ron and someone else, I just wanted to confirm that it is, infact...a uh a....lie. It's a lie. That's all." 

He sits back down and the Slytherin table rolls there's eyes and continues eating. I look at Draco and nod my head then I look to Hermione smile and give her a hug. 

"Thank you Mione"

 she hugs back and says your welcome.

At Lunch I decided to go find Ron, I don't think he knows that Draco confirmed that the rumor was a "lie". I look in the Great Hall, but he's a no show. I check the Astronomy Tower, the Library, common room, Hagrid's, all no. I remember I have the key to Ron's dorm room and head up.

I use the key and enter, I hear a door open so I look to my right to see Ron in a towel covering the lower half of his body 

"OH MY GOSH Ron I am so sorry-"

 "Oh-OH UH give me a minute.."

I sit on one of the 4 beds, and wait for about 5 minutes until he reenters, fully clothed this time. 

"Your sitting on my bed.." 

I stand up hastily 

"Oh uh, my bad-"

he motions his hand

"No, no you can stay there if you want", I proceed to sit back down.

He comes and sits down next to me and asks "Why did you come here, you should be in the Great Hall with Dean and-"

 "DEAN?! what has this got to do with Dean?!" 

He is taken a back and replies

 "OH uh well he was the one to write you the love note after all-" 

"WAIT- I didn't know that, not that it never, I would never like Dean, he's just a friend..." 

"Oh well uh, that's good to hear... so why did you come exactly?"

I look at him straight in the eye and say "I am guessing you heard the rumor about us sleeping in the courtyard together..." 

He nods, "Well Malfoy told everyone it was a lie because Mione told him to, so I forgave her and everyone thinks we didn't sleep together in the courtyard." 

He smiles at me "Well thats good to hear...is that all?" 

"Yeah, do you wanna go get lunch with me in the Great Hall?"

He chuckled and puts his hand on my cheek and strokes it 

"Sure"

 I hold onto it for a minute and smile, we both get up and start to walk to the Great Hall. We walk side by side our hands nearly touching, every so often they brush against each other. I slowly reach my hand for his and manage to grip his first few fingers when the twins walk up...

"Hello lovebirds"

I laugh and say "Hi George, Fred, and those rumors are fake, Malfoy confirmed it." 

The twins in unison reckoned 

"We know.." 

They both smirk and walk off. Ron looked at me and starts laughing, I laugh as well and gaze into his ocean blue eyes. This time I stroke my hand along his rosy cheek

he smiles and grabs it but we are interrupted by the bell, we quickly let go of each other and go and find Neville, Mione and Harry.

And Charms class begins.