Chapter 16

I made my way down the hall into the dinner hall. Loki was waiting to escort me in. He wore is green leather suit. He was always so sweet. Anna took Thor's arm and was escorted in. Annabeth took Percy's and walked in. I looked at Loki, he put his arm out for me, I laid mine inside his. He walked inside with me, sitting me down beside him. On the other side of him, Hades, and the Zeus and Athena, and Annabeth and Percy On the end, Poseidon, then mom, dad, Anna and Thor at the end. I was hungry and a little scared. I was so nervous. Loki looked at me and he looked nervous too. Well, who would talk first? Did we excuse ourselves after dinner. Loki looked at Thor.

            "Hello everyone, guests, family, friends, loved ones," The last part, he looked at Anna. They were so in love. I just wanted that.  Thor looked around holding a grail of wine. We grab ours and hold it up.

            "A toast to family, friends, love, and alliances, we thank everyone for being here, to help Gabrielle, on her new journey, she has tamed the beast inside, and she has full control of the power she needs to protect all worlds from those retched Demons," He said. I grinned but not happily. That was a lot to put on someone. Loki noticed my sudden shift in mood and became concerned. He places hand on mine under the table.

"Are you alright," He asked. I was feeling, rage, but not from Flame, from me. I didn't know what to do. I stood up suddenly. Everyone looked at me and Thor's fell. I felt, something, something didn't feel right. It felt, like the air was shifting.

            "Something is wrong," I said.

I lay my golden cup down and run outside into the courtyard. They thought I was just being typical flame, but this was way more than that. Once at the courtyard I could see why I didn't feel right, Demons, they had broken through the barrier. They were waiting their move to bust in and invade the castle, probably when we were asleep, no more than fifty at best maybe a hundred. I ran back in, everyone confused.

            "I was right, Demons are trying to invade, they've broken through the barrier," I said. Loki looked at Thor, who looked the guards and Anna.

            "Guards take Susan, Greg and Anna too the safe space, we fight," Thor said. Anna stood where she was.

            "I'm fighting too, I have trained, and I'm not afraid of them, I went hand in hand with so many guards and won, I deserve to fight by your side," She said. Thor didn't want to argue.

            "Fine, take the parents to safety, and the people," He said. Loki Looked at me. He grabbed my hands.

            "You felt them," He asked. I nodded. He studied me.

            "I know why, when you were born to hades, he ruled the demons, the gene pool passed down to you, and it's stronger because of the red flame," He said. I looked at my father. He nods to me.

            "SEND THE FLAME OUT," A demon hisses loudly. They didn't want to fight? They wanted me. Thor looked at me. He shook his head. Loki grabs my hand.

            "No, you can't go alone," He said. I smile but they wanted me and I knew why.

            "I slaughtered hundreds for no reason on earth, they want to get even, but I have the flame I can bring her out," I said. Loki shook his head.

            "No, more will come, we can kill these and put the barrier back up but you can not, no you will not go up against a hundred demons alone," He said.

I grab his face. I was more powerful than he thought I was. I sigh, knowing what I had just done, I did a binding spell for gods, to keep them inside, and then I vanished.