We Drink a lot of Water

Beckendorf's POV

 The 'Bane' was simple enough to work out.
The Orphitorius - or 'Bessie', as Percy called her, had recently escaped from Poseidon's aquarium on Olympus.
Percy led the quest, once we'd found him, unconscious, in the woods with Alexa leaning over his form, stroking his hair. 
We didn't ask questions - it wasn't my place to do so. 
I merely gave him a strange look, which he answered with a shake of his head. I wasn't to press the matter, that much was obvious.

I was rather disappointed that I'd be leaving my Fiance, Glamour, behind, while we went on this quest, but I knew I'd make it back to her.
The proposal had been very secretive, we hadn't told anyone - it wouldn't be fair to add another worry to their To Think Too Much About lists. 
Everyone was stressed, and I knew why. Very few of us were comfortable with returning to Earth, or, at least, the first division was. The second division already interacted with the Demigods on Earth, though I was one of few who hid my identity from most.
Until now.
I'd just told everyone in the meeting room, who I was - I would have a difficult time getting them to keep a secret, so I just didn't bother. 
Word spread quickly at camp, like wildfire, if you will. 
Certain people would be very interested as to why I had refused to keep my identity a secret, but I had my reasons.

So, I decided that I'd simply get on with sorting out the quest.
I walked behind Percy, who was arm-in-arm with Alexa.
I wondered what had happened between them, why Percy had been unconscious on the ground, blood trickling from his head.
I knew that wasn't going to have a simple answer, but I wish it had...
Anyways, so we followed Percy, who walked silently, his feet never making a noise as they hit the ground rhythmically. 
He never spoke, or made any sign of acknowledgement to anything other than the fact the Alexa was next to him - her presence seemed to calm him. 

We walked for what seemed like miles, until Percy suddenly stopped.
"Right, okay. So, Lalya and Angela, could you two please come here ?" he said in a steady, even, yet commanding tone.
The two girls stepped forward quickly, not wishing to displease him.
I snickered quietly. Percy really wasn't as terrifying as the rumours said. 
He was ruthless to his enemies, but to all innocents, he was like a kindly god, a protecting hero.
They all loved him.
I watched as Percy took the girls so they were side by side, then he grabbed a knife.
I watched, too, as their eyes widened in fear. "This, my fellow demigods, is what must happen to each and every one of us, before we may continue on our quest. I too, shall have the same treatment, after all of you have been through this process. Any objections?" Percy demanded.
The girls, Layla and Angela, trembled in fear.
Percy raised the knife, bringing it towards the back of the girls necks.
Then, in one swift movement, he swiveled the knife, and it cut.
Through the very ends of the girls' hair.
The girls breathed massive sighs of relief as they staggered forward, taking with them the realization that they still had their heads attached. 
Percy snatched their hairs from the ground and fed them to an opaque, blue jar.
He smirked, knowing his plan to terrify all of those not in his army had succeeded.
I heard Annabeth's high, whiny voice. "How dare you, Percy? Oh my gods, I thought you were going to - to -kill them!"
Percy's smirk faded, and he turned, with a murderous look in his eyes to face Miss Chase. He looked deadly serious. "Miss Chase," he siad in a calm, steady voice, "do you really think I've changed so much over three thousand Chaos years that I would stoop so low as to murder helpless innocents?"
Layla and Angela looked slightly offended.
Annabeth's eyes widened. "But Percy -"
"And for future reference, Miss Chase, you may call me Omega."
By the tone of his voice, you could tell she had no choice in the matter.
I could see the tears seep from Miss Chase's eyes, she was not used to the new Percy.
He was a cold being that took awhile to get used to.
I believed that he was still the same, deep down.
Though I also knew he was very different.
I hoped he would be alright, an emotional breakdown on this quest would be possibly catastrophic. 
Annabeth, it seemed, however, may have her own emotional breakdown if Percy didn't warm to her quickly.
I heard Percy muttering, "of all the children of Athena, we had to get stuck with this one? Cathrine would have been far better suited to such a quest."
Warming to Annabeth may not have been the simplest way.
I walked over to Miss Chase, my footsteps stealthy. "Why do you not simply move on from Percy?" I questioned. "Why do you not find another? There are plenty of - uh - fish in the sea, as they say. Why must you cling to him?"
Her cold grey eyes looked misty, with the tears that shrouded them. "I cannot move on because I am selfish. He's the one person that understood me, cared for me, loved me, who knew me, who... I belonged to."
Annabeth did not bother to wipe the tears from her eyes. Instead, she let her misery hang there, for all to see.
"Miss Chase," Percy's wavering voice said. He beckoned her forward.
Without a moment of hesitation, she flew to his side. 
"Please stand still. I will cut your hair, as I did to the others."
Annabeth stood patiently still. 
Percy flicked the knife, and It sliced the ends of her long, flowing hair. The hairs settled into his palm. I then noticed that Annabeth had flinched. 
Without a word, she walked away, and her hand went to the tip of her ear. 
Only now could I see the tints of red dripping into her hair, staining it. 
Percy had cut her ear.
I knew it was no accident. Even if she'd been a trembling mess as she stood in front of Omega, he could have cut a few strands of hair with no problem. 
He wouldn't have accidentally injured her.
It had to have been purposeful.

After everyone else had gotten their hairs sliced off, Percy took fifteen vials from his vault in the magical realm of the Duat. Chaos has taught us how, though he seemed to speak doggedly of it's origins. 
He filled each vial with water from the stream next to us, and put one of each type of hair into each vial. 
Then he closed his eyes and began to mutter strange words.
After that, he handed each of us a vial, with the single command: 'drink'. 
We did as he told us.
Instantly, I felt stronger. 
Percy looked at each of us in turn. "This will give each of us the strengths of each other, to help us before we go any farther. Now follow on, we are not yet at the ends of the Earth."

Hai guys!!!
Happy Valentines day! (Well...  where I am in the world, anyways...)
Do any of you have a significant other this Valentines day?
Coz this chapter is dedicated to all the single people on Valentines day!
Just like me... #foreveralone
So.
Imma try update again later today. But if I don't... don't judge!
I am busy today, so... yeah. 
Anyways, what did you think of the chapter? I'm a bit disappointed with the few comments on the last chapter, but being a good-spirited Unicorn, I updated for you guys!
So.
VOTE!!!
COMMENT!!!
SHARE!!!
FOLLOW!!!
PROMOTE!!!
BAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!