A Little Double-Crossing the Double-Crossers

Robin's POV

"I'm here, oh..." I curled my lip in disgust and spat the next word, "...Lord."
My 'master' laughed cruelly. My master was a cruel man.
No person could change that.
"Well done, Miss Orchidra," he said in a voice that was so fakely grand and mature that it shouldn't be used by such a young boy. 
I scowled. "Of course... mr Matthias," I intoned in the same formal voice. 
He smirked. "So, what new news do you bring, Robin?" he asked. 
"I bring news of the Minotaur's arrival," I said, improvising, after having to come on such short notice, I hadn't had time to make up a good false story. 
He looked intently at me, studying my face. 
I knew he would detect no sense of untruths from me. I had become a master for lying.
I had to be. My future depended on it. Having a future depended on it. 
"Explain," he finally said.
My heart began to race, as did my mind, and I thought rapidly to make up some stupid, untrue rumour that would satisfy his hunger for (false) knowledge. "Um... the Minotaur is in the woods, trampling trees and awaiting your orders, mr Matthias," I improvised.
I knew he would go check on my theory, and when he came back and told me the Minotaur wasn't there, he would accuse me of lying.
I would simply suggest that a hero from our camp had already slain the monster, and tell him to make sure there was no evidence pointing towards us of letting the beast into camp.
He was a fool, he'd never suspect I was wrong. 
He trusted me as his follower, his servant, a slave to do his will. 
I looked him in the eyes, my face deadly serious. "If you wish... sir, we could go check right now, if you will."
He considered for a bit, then nodded. "Of course," he decided.
Then he did something that shocked me. He hugged me...
I mentally shuddered, but I didn't back away. That would make me seem like a double-crosser.
Which I was... but that was irrelevant. 
Finally he pulled back. He seemed kind of awkward now, and I knew why - he'd seriously just fallen over the serious, formal, professional line, and he was uncomfortable about that. 
I knew if I had been the one 'in charge', I would have been mortally embarrassed, and I knew the situation would be no different for him. 

We walked a little way into the woods, and then I stopped for a moment, pretending to listen for the monster.
Then I heard it.
I heard the roar of the Minotaur, mixed with it's mouthful of drool.
He was clearly angry. I was so shocked to hear the sound of his slobber/roar that I almost fell over in surprise. 
I suspected he was chasing after a poor demigod, and I cringed. What if one of my friends were his target? Would they be able to fight him off?
I knew Cathrine would probably be too weak to defeat the monster; he was truly a strong opponent, unlike many other monsters we kept stock of in the woods normally.
I hoped it wasn't her that the Minotaur was attacking.
I may have once genuinely worked for the enemy, but those days were over. And I head been deceived, even then, that it was for the greater good.
Besides, I was only human, I needed my friends.  

I heard a rustle of leaves to my right.
I whirled around, grabbing my bow and preparing and arrow. (A/N I'm sorry if I use incorrect terms, please don't judge me for this, I'm, only human [well, demigod]; I don't know everything, and I make mistakes.)
A figure emerged from the bush, with a couple of twigs in their hair and a frown on their face.
It was Chelly.
I lowered my bow.
"Robin, what are you doing here? Have you seen Cathrine? She ran off. Why are you with this... him?"
I felt weak at the knees as accusation after accusation rained down on me.
I stammered as I struggled for an excuse, "Um... well, you see..."
However, Brok apparently had made up his own story for if we were caught together.
He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I tried so hard not to shake it off, run, hide, curse him a thousand times. 
"Isn't it obvious?" he asked Chelly. "I'm just making time for my girlfriend, we were going for a walk."
Chelly's eyes went from confused, to understanding, to frustration, to disgust. "Robin??" She demanded. "How could you??? I thought you hated boys, especially Brok. He's the most hated person at camp, why, how could you like him?" 
I dropped my gaze from hers, looking at the ground and studying a very interesting twig.
"Robin?" she asked again.
I could hear the hurt in her voice, the sense of betrayal, and I was helpless to change that.
I was weak, powerless. 
Why was I such a terrible friend?
If only I hadn't chosen to pretend to work for Brok, if only my pretend information had turned out to be real.
Speaking of... I listened again. I could no longer hear the noise from the Minotaur.
I could hear screaming, sobbing, crying though, very faintly.
I thought it sounded like... Annabeth?
We'd all heard plenty of Annabeth crying when Percy first left, the first year was terrible for everyone. 
But she'd been the worst, sobbing like crazy, never leaving her cabin, throwing random fits, trying to kill Brok many times over. 
I'd have liked to kill Brok.
For tricking me into thinking hat working for him was the only way.
The double-crosser had been double-crossed.
I knew three things for certain.
1: I am a demigod.
2: My name is Robin Cupi Orchidra
3: Brok Matthias was working for his mother - Gaea.

Sorry for such  rubbish/short chapter, I have had writers block and I'm tired and School started back on Wednesday (NZ time)  so I have been pulling myself into the routine and UGH I'M JUST SO TIRED NOW!
What did you think of the chapter?
Who's POV do you think I should do next chapter (and yes I'm starting the quest next chapter too)?

Please check out all my other stories too, it would mean a lot to me.
VOTE!!!
COMMENT!!
SHARE!!!
PROMOTE!!!
BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!