Me VS Them

Alexa's POV

The clock was ticking.
I was at perfect ease.
Nothing could stop me, not in this satisfying bloodbath of reality.
The camp's central arena.
Power and strength were my allies, cunning and wit my tools.
I was a perfect killing machine, ready to fight.
And that terrified me.
I'm not a bad person.
Honestly. 
But the last few hours, a shadowy being had trapped us all in the Arenas, and forced us to fight to the death.
He called himself the ShadowMaster, I called him the PuppetMaster.
He had us all trapped, none of us were able to escape from his clutches. 
Not even Percy.
My boyfriend was three rings over from me, fighting for his life against one of his best friends, Arkham.
Arkham seemed to have the upper hand, and I let out a choked cry.
I had a victim sure to experience the worst pain as he died slowly at me feet, blood pooling from his pathetic, lifeless body. 
An easy target, sure to be dragged out of the ring dead, only to be replaced with another doomed soul, destined to die, though more regretfully, as he only person worth killing would be lying dead at my feet in a matter of seconds.
Or he would, if I wasn't so skittish about killing another after him.
The only way was to stall, to stall and wait, pray for this nightmare to be over, for this never-ending massacre to come to close while there were still a scarce few of us still alive.
There were twelve of us still alive, twelve of us fighting to the death until there was only one left.
One who would become the devoted slave of the PuppetMaster. 
Maybe I should just let the weakling kill me, my brain suggested sluggishly.
But I could not.
I was wrapped up in the frenzy of the fight, the eager hunger for blood, for pain, for anguish.
Too feel, yet not experience the pain of my opponent.
Of the worthless, weak, arrogant Brok Matthias.
He deserved to suffer.
To know the pain he put Percy through.
The pain of the one I loved, and who loved me too.

I surveyed my opponent, arrogant and cocky, not even trying to win the fight for his life.
I planned silently and quickly the most delaying way of killing him.
I couldn't bear to be in his presence, but it would be far more difficult to have to attack another camper.
In a way, I was lucky to have been given him to oppose. 
I doubt I could have killed any other being, let alone a friend, or sibling.
This was my first fight, but Brok had been in five others, winning them all.
He'd killed people I didn't know, people who had their lives ahead of them, people I loved, and people who didn't deserve to die.
He'd killed Robin, the injured Cathrine, a daughter of Apollo I didn't know, Blake, the egotistical, but kind and funny son of Chaos. And Jace. Irritating, annoy-me-to-death, mud-in-my-shoes Jace. My favorite brother, or half-brother.
Who he'd killed shamelessly, not caring for anything except himself. Not caring for any other life.
I wanted this beast to die.
No, death wasn't cruel enough, I wanted him to burn forever in Eternal Punishment, cursed for his crimes, dead in a million ways instead of just one.
Hades' minions in the Underworld were creative.
I knew that, and they'd taken a liking to me when I had visited to deliver messages to Nico, which was Percy's wish.
They would surely hear my wishes that he took with him to his fiery grave.
They had to, or I would be unsatisfied with his too 'humane' death, would not satisfy me.
I was totally focused on my thoughts.
And yet I was totally aware... of everything...
I saw how he was crouched, ready to attack, ready to lunge, to strike me with a blow to the left side of my face, then sweep my feet out from underneath me.
All of this pulled from a single slight drop in one shoulder and twitch of a knee.
How much my lessons with Chaos had taught me, yet how little I had to use these skills.
It was almost unsatisfying, seeing them wasted on such a pathetic mongrel.
Such a worthless, snivelling coward.
But I felt a thrill of control, a surge of delight at the thought of overpowering that who was too weak to overpower another, of bringing justice to the devil who stood before me
He lunged, I sidestepped and then lashed out with my right foot, tripping him and sending him to the ground facefirst.
I knew such a simple move would be unable to stun him, but he was shocked, his ego torn, his eyes now more wary.
I'd watched him fight the others, how he'd used their worst fears to kill them.
Robin, claustrophobic and living in her freedom, with a crushed skull.
Cathrine, who's only greater fear than fire was suffocation, had been strangled to death.
The Apollo girl, died from loss of blood.
And Blake, who'd died at Brok's feet, beaten to pulp, a bloody, helpless mess.
For Jace?
A combination of all four...
I would avenge them all.
He looked over me cautiously, trying to guess my next move.
I already knew the way I'd kill him, after putting him through one hell of a lot of beatings and injuries.
I stepped closer to him, then without warning, grabbed his left arm and bent it in an unnatural way, smirking with some sort of sick delight when I heard the crack of his bone. 
I also knew that the fight could only last an hour.
We had half our time left.
Thirty minutes to break each of his weak limbs and then end his life.
I allowed him to walk closer, glaring at me with hatred as he cradled his broken arm.
I had plenty of time to make him suffer, so I brought out my inner Beyotch and decided to girl-fight him.
I lunged at him and grabbed him by the hair, yanking his head like he was some sort of puppet.
Of course, we were all just puppets of the Shadow Master.
All just beings who were easily disposable.
I wanted to win, to survive, but I also wanted Percy to win.
I glanced to his ring. He and Arkham were wrestling, in immortal combat.
They were invincible.
So was I... 
But it might not be enough.
We could still be injured beyond repair by another of us.
Still be wounded, never to move again.
So we had to work together to win.
But facing Brok Matthias, this inhuman monster inside of my soul, was eating away at my humane side, wrestling with the part of me that wanted this to be over, and over now so I could return to Chaos' planet and be safe.
Oh, why hadn't I returned already? You may wonder.
Because of the anti-magic force-field surrounding us.
Piper's charmspeak didn't work, nor did Leo's fire or Hazel's work with earthly magic.
Frank couldn't change into animals, and Jason couldn't control the winds.
I went to focus on Brok again, but he wasn't in sight.
I whirled around with a double kick and a punching ready, and came face to face with Brok, who got caught by my attacks and groaned in pain.
 He tried to punch me with his good arm - that became another bad arm in seconds.
It surprised me how easily I was attacking another human, when all my instincts went against it, all my mind was screaming for me to stop attacking and be civilized, a good person.
I wasn't a bad person... was I?
You are not bad, my mind soothed, and I went straight back into battle, snapping his legs with precise kicks, watching him fall to the ground.
I had five minutes left...
Plenty enough time.
I grabbed his weakened form, anger coursing through me as I pictured Robin, Cathrine, Blake, the poor Apollo girl, Jace, all of his victims. 
I put my arm under his neck then pulled my arm up, and heard one final crack from his neck.
I saw his eyes go blank, and he fell, lifeless, from my arms, hitting the dirt heavily. 
He was dead.
I waited for the feeling of Triumph, the satisfaction in ridding the world of him.
It never came.
Instead I felt horrified. I'd murdered him, while he was defenceless... I was a murderer.

Then I woke up.

Lol, did you really think I was gonna kill all those awesome characters???
Yo cray-cray!!!
This is dedicated to my awesome-sauce Bestfriend Alexa - oops, Trishia, @PunkRockDuckk for finally talking to me again without being irrationally mad! (You're the best, girl)
I hope you guys liked this chapter, I think it was my longest so far, and I put a lot of effort into it :)
Well, never bet against Alexa, you'll end up getting slammed into the ground like Brok.
Yeah, she's violent, but she's awesome anyways.
So, did you guys like her epiphany?
I hope so :/
Any suggestions for further chapters...?
 I hope so.
Also, a shoutout to @Wormbook01 (I think that's right...) for being the only one to actually comment on the Question of the chapter.
You're amazing!!!
Thoughts on the chapter?
Thoughts on Alexa... (please don't hate)?
Input?
Criticism?
VOTE
COMMENT!!
SHARE!!!
FOLLOW!!!
SUBSCRIBE (Well, add to your reading list...)!!!
PROMOTE!!!
BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!