23 - mall

"And then he told me that I looked like Velma and the Sith Lord's child." Kile finished, looking extremely disturbed as he bit into his sandwich.

"He's like that with everyone." I assured him. "The only reason he likes Hale and Evie is because he's known them since he was born. Almost. He hates the team."

"Why?" Kile whined, pouting. "I don't want him to hate me! I didn't even say anything except for my name."

"They both secretly have brother complexes-" I pinched Hale, who yelped and laughed. "What?! It's true. I mean, I don't remember the last time I called my sister by her actual name."

"You have a sister?" Kile asked, and Hale nodded.

"Yeah, she's in middle school, 4 years younger than me. Her name's Remi."

"She's way nicer than Hale." I snorted. "They're like polar opposites, and used to share rooms till Hale started high school. Every time Eve and I used to go over, there would be at least 3 fights."

"She's just such an idiot, it's really not my fault." Hale scoffed. "And yesterday she brought over this boy to do a partner project. Like I don't know what that means."

"Did you chase him away?" Evie asked, looking up from her phone for the first time.

"At first I shut the door on his face because I didn't know who he was and he was asking for Remi, but then she came down all angrily and opened the door. So then I had to let him in apparently. So I forbid them from going to her room and made them study in the living room." Hale explained, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Geez, why so extra?" Donna grimaced. "At times I'm glad I'm an only child."

"You have 2 older brothers." I deadpanned, and she made a face.

"They don't count."

The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch and all of us got up to get to class.

"Hale..." Kile frowned, tilting his head. "Have you grown taller?"

"Hm?" Hale looked at him quietly, and I felt a brief sinking in my stomach just as he exploded.

"What? What? Really? For real? You're not kidding?" Hale chippered, bouncing around and I tried to get him to stay still so I could see.

"Yeah..." I conceded, looking at him as he stood beside Evie, who was paling by the second. "You're as tall as Evie."

"Oh my fuck." Evie choked, falling to her knees. "No, god. No. No, please no. No. NO!"

"Oh my god I'm as tall as you, you stupid bitch!!" Hale shouted, making everyone in the cafeteria turn our way. "FUCK YEAH!!"

"Calm down." Donna chided, a small smile on her face. "Guess I'm the shortest one now."

"What's all this screaming for?" Jace yawned, waking up from his nap. "Hale, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm as tall as Evie!" He exclaimed, grabbing the burly guy by his shoulders and shaking vigorously. "Just you wait, I'm gonna get as tall as captain!"

"Yeah okay." I snorted, and took Kile's arm to go to class. "You're making us all late."

"You're just jealous that I'm almost as tall as you." he said smugly, and I rolled my eyes.

"I think the height really suites you." Kile said kindly, and I groaned.

"Stop being such a ray of sunshine." I scolded, and he pinched my cheek, making me whine. 

"I'm a nice person."

"Where is that nice person around me?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Let me correct myself, I'm a nice person to people who deserve it."