16-confession

"Hey Kile! Can I talk to you for a sec?"

Our conversation was interrupted by some girl who walked up to us in front of his locker. I didn't exactly recognise her, she had dark hair plaited back and glasses, with a sweet smile and a short stature. Was she his friend?

"Huh? Oh hey Clarie." Kile smiled. "Yeah sure, what's up?"

"Um, privately?" she asked, looking at me and immediately looking away.

"It's fine. Rin's a close friend." Kile assured her, and I felt the tips of my ears go slightly hot with happiness. I'm glad that Kile felt the same way as I did.

"Hey." I greeted, and she turned to me, her smile faltering.

"You obviously don't seem to know me, even though I sat behind you in class the whole of last year." she said, disdain dripping from every word. "I guess you were too busy making out with your blonde bimbo of a girlfriend."

I was so stunned that I couldn't even say anything back, shocked that this random girl would speak to me like this. 

"Clarie, what the hell?" Kile snapped, looking extremely displeased. "Don't talk like that to him."

"Hey it's fine." I said, as I didn't want Kile to get in trouble with his friends because of me. "She's right. I'm sorry I didn't notice you." I directed the last sentence to her. "But honestly, I still don't know who sits around me in class. It's not anything personal, I'm just dead half the time." I tried to play it off as a joke, but she obviously wasn't having it.

Whatever." she mumbled though, when Kile gave her a look. "I just wanted to confirm the budget distribution for the carnival."

"Carnival?" I echoed, and they both nodded.

"The end of the year carnival?" Clarie said. "How can you not know that? It's literally this Sunday."

"Oh right, I forgot about that." I said. How could I have forgotten about the carnival? It usually took place in around this time, in February. "Kile, you're in charge of it?"

"Well yeah, he's VP." Clarie answered before he could.

"VP?" I frowned, turning over to look at him. "What's that?"

"Vice president." he said, sounding amused, eyes twinkling behind his glasses. "You do know that I'm part of the student council right?"

"We have a student council?!" I exclaimed, and he burst out laughing.

"Of course we do, you idiot! How do you not know that?" he cackled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me close to him. "I'm Vice president. Clarie is treasurer. Aaliyah, you know that girl in Donna's class? She's President. Jamie is secretary."

"Jamie!" I said, my memory sparking. "Evie's bio lab partner right?"

"Yep." Kile said, nodding.

"Wow, so you're in the student council, and you're basically valedictorian? That's amazing." I gushed. "You're so smart. Honestly Kile, you're awesome. I wish I could be like you."

"Really? You mean it?" he beamed, and I nodded. He leaned forward and knocked our heads together. "You're not lying right?"

"Obviously not!" I grinned. "You're awesome."

"Can we please get back to the budget?" Carlie butted in, and we both turned back to her, Kile's arm slipping off my shoulder as she pulled him closer to her.

I felt a small seepage of dislike enter me, and I couldn't help but shoot her a tiny glare when she started pressing up right against his side. Why was she doing that?