06-math worksheet

Chapter 6

Math worksheet

_______________________

The next two days go by quickly, and I am relieved when I finally get a call from the hospital on Thursday at lunch.

"Hello?" I spoke, excusing myself from our table and walking over to the door with quick strides.

"Arryn Donatello?" I hear Dr. George's cheery voice on the other end of the line.

"Yes. How are you doing?" I ask politely.

"Great great. All well with you?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

"You must've been eagerly waiting for these, eh?" I hear him chuckle.

You have no idea. I think, as I walk down the hallway to the end and made sure nobody is around. "So, did you get the results?"

"Yes, I did. No need to worry about anything, Arryn. You're free of any STDs. We've done a thorough check up, and the only test we're waiting for is the HIV one, which should be done by this weekend. But the chances seem pretty minimal so I wouldn't be too worried."

"Oh thank god." 

"You can rest peacefully now. But remember, next time use a condom okay? Safe sex is the best sex."

"Yes Dr. George." I shuffle uncomfortably, feeling my cheeks heat up. "I'll keep that in mind."

"Oh and another thing, do you think you could come down to the hospital next week whenever you're free?"

My heart skips a beat at that.

"Why? Is anything wrong or-"

"No no! Nothing! You just need to pick up some documentation and bills, that's all. The receptionist told me to inform you."

"Alright. Of course. I can come Wednesday evening, if that's okay." I offer.

"Around 5?"

"Yes I can make it."

"Excellent." I hear a little shuffling about and then he clears his throat. "Alright. I'll see you next Wednesday then, okay?"

"Yep. Bye, and thanks again for everything."

"Your welcome, son." He says warmly, and we cut the call.

Pocketing my phone, I go back to the cafeteria, walking towards my table and sliding into the seat next to Evie.

"What was that call about?" she asks, leaning towards me and lowering her voice. "Are you in some sort of drug business that I don't know about?"

"What? No." I snort, taking my apple juice tetra pack and sipping on it. "It was my mum. She just told me that she'd be late and that I would have to cook dinner."

"Ah." she nods. "Hey, if Mika and you are free tonight, why don't Laurent and I come over? We can order in pizza and stuff and watch a movie or something."

"Sure." I automatically agree, and then immediately regret it. My mum is, in fact, going to be home very much on time and Evie would know that I lied. "How about we come to your place?" I ask. "Mika misses your jacuzzi."

"Fine with me." Evie shrugs. "7?"

"Yea- no wait, I have that tuition thing with Kile. 8:30?"

"Done." she smiled, and steals a fry from my plate.