Dancing under the starlight

A/N: I haven't updated this in a while so here you guys have it! The song is just what I was listening to, its pretty nice! Anyway, enjoy!

"They're hosting a what!" 

"A dance," Edaline repeated with a chuckle. "It's not the worst thing that could happen you know Sophie sweetheart. Maybe you would have fun but you would never know because you didn't go honey. What's so terrible about it anyway?"

"N...Nothing." Sophie lied... or tried to is the more accurate term. Her adoptive mother saw right through her. Sophi sighed and relented "Why do they have to throw a stupid graduation dance? Couldn't they let us graduate in peace? I mean especially for someone moving to the elite its not such a big deal why make a fuss?"

"Are you afraid to dance with Fitz?" Edaline asked with a soft, knowing smile. Sophie groaned.

"What? No..." Sophie lied. Her mother chuckled at Sophie's pathetic way of lying and rubbed her knee before saying "I'll go start on dinner, give you some space. I know it kills you girls having these conversations with your mothers." She mimed a knife to the heart, eliciting a soft laugh from Sophie before smiling and leaving.

She sighed before falling back on her bed. She reached around for Ella and stuffed her face in between the plush's soft sapphire coloured ears. "Why did I have to advance two levels?" She muttered into the fabric.

"Because you're smart." Sophie smiled as Dex marched into her room.

"That's totally true. But that's not the point. I have to go to the stupid dance." Sophie sigh's while Dex laughs and says "Scared to trip and fall flat on your face?"

"WHAT!!! NOOO ..... I'm scared of.... uh" How do you explain to your best friend who is a guy and happens to hate the guy your scared to dance with that's why you don't want to go to the dumb dance? Good question. 

Sophie knew there was nothing to be afraid about after all it was a dance, and compared to the horrors the Neverseen have recently been giving them, a silly dance like this shouldn't make her nervous.

"You're afraid to dance with wonderboy," Dex murmured to the ground.

"If it was Biana you would feel the same right?"

"Yeah... I get what you mean." He grimaced slightly.

"But I'm guessing you didn't come here to aid my sulking,"

"Yeah no... I came to say that I need your help with a dance proposal!" I was taken aback slightly.

He wants my help to ask someone to the dance. 

"I don't really know how..." She had never been in a relationship. Unless you count Fitz. But after they decided on being friends he was slowly trying to win her back. Trying to reignite the romantic relationship. That isn't there. She can see there isn't anything there anymore and that's why she doesn't want it. She doesn't want to go because she is afraid of turning him down in front of the entire school. But this isn't about her right now. Right now her friend needs her help. 

He needs her help to propose to her girl best friend. She had seen enough guys in human high school ask girls out to know what works and what doesn't so she helped him. They spent a while crafting out the plan and right before he left Dex told her "Don't worry I'll make sure nothing happens with Wonderboy that you aren't comfortable with." He winked and was whisked away.

"What was that about?" Edaline asked as Sophie put her hand down after waving him goodbye.

"Nothing."

That night she had to reconvince her self to go to the dance since her parents would start worrying then her friends would worry and everything would spiral out.