Long Night

"I miss you already" she murmured against my lips.

"I don't need to leave, I can stay." I half hoped she would make me stay with her, then I'd have an excuse to ditch the so called "bachelor party" my brothers had roped me into. I hated leaving Bella, even if it was for a few hours. But I knew Emmett and Jasper wanted to hunt tonight as a Cullen family ritual and a sendoff into married life.

"Mmm." was all she said, as though the idea was tempting to her.

Running her fingers through my hair, she quickly pulled my lips back to hers as we continued our passionate embrace. It was funny how easy it had become to ignore the burn in my throat, of course it still flamed just as loudly as it had that first day I'd met her, but it was easy to push to the back of my mind, like background noise. My desire for her fuelled my every action now as I trailed my mouth against her lips, her jaw, her neck. Her breathing quickly turned to short pants as I ran my tongue against the length of her throat. It didn't matted that I couldn't hear her thoughts at times like these, her body spoke for her. As she responded to my every touch, her heart hammering against her chest, she could probably even hear it herself. I found my body reacted to the intimacy just as much, my breathing ragged, it was all too easy to get too lost in myself when I was with her like this. It took every ounce of strength I had to remember with each touch I had to be careful with her, if I were even the slightest bit hasty with my actions, I could loose her forever.

As our lips moved in synchrony, mine moulding to hers. I opened my eyes, seeing only beauty and strength in her face. I'd spent a great deal of the past century improving my knowledge of the world, I'd spend almost every evening with my nose stuck in a book. One piece of history which had never failed to intrigue me was Greek mythology, in particular the goddess Aphrodite. The goddess of love and beauty, she served as the embodiment of everything good and pure in the world. Men would fall at her feet, offering their lives in service of the young alluring woman. Before Bella I might have thought such a thing was only fictional, a fairy tale. But Bella had that exact effect on me, she was a siren to which I could never ignore. I would gladly lay my life before her. That was the hold she had on me.

Bella opened her eyes too as she pulled away and looked at me with deep affection as if I were the center of the universe. We stayed like that for a moment, not saying anything as we admired one another. I would never grow tired of looking at her.

Eager to continue our kiss, Bella brought her face back to mine.

"Definitely staying, " I whispered against her lips.

"No, no. It's your bachelor party. You have to go." Though her words told me I should leave, her actions did the opposite as she kept a firm grip on my back, pulling me closer to her.

"Bachelor parties are designed for those who are sad to see the passing of their single days." I told her. "I couldn't be more eager to have mine behind me. So there's really no point." Emmett and Jasper wouldn't be happy if I cancelled, but I'd deal with that later.

"True." she responded.

Bella ran her hand against my stone chest, tracing her fingers against the contours of it's hard surface. The feeling of her warm hands against my body was indescribable, it was like an electric current flowed through me as I shivered at her touch. Hungrily, my mouth found hers again. Slowly, she pressed the tip of her tongue against my upper lip. Her action nearly sent me over the edge, how eager I was to have her now, to have all of her, body and soul. But it was against my better judgement. I sighed, knowing I would have to be the one to end the kiss.

"Wait." Bella pulled herself closer and wrapped her leg around my waist to stop me from pulling away. I could tell she was using all her strength to keep me there, unfortunately for her, her grip would pose no challenge for me if I were determined to break free.