Chapter Seven

Jack gave me a short tour of the top floor where his office was located. It was confusing with so many hallways and so many people all dressed so similar to him.

And so many young women just watching him with smiles and lust in their eyes. Someone with this kind of power would obviously seem amazing and honestly if I had never spoken to Jack the little that I have, I would be right there with those women working on numbers.

"People seem to like you" said Jack as he walked a couple steps in front of me.

"But they haven't said anything" I replied confused..

"You can see their heads turning the minute you walk in" he said looking back at me "What are you willing to do with me today Aurora?" He said slowing his pace so I could catch up him.

"Depends, I barely know you" I say shrugging truthfully.

"Trust me enough to surprise you?" He said as his eyes locked onto mine.

"What are you planning Mr.Gilinsky?" I say curiously. What could he possibly surprise me with in an office building?

He smiled at his name but ignored my question and led me to this conference room with some left over snack trays from lunch placed on the table.

"Wait here, it won't be long" he said heading out the door as I was wondering what to expect.

"This is your first time here in Manhattan correct?" He said as he back stepped into the room leaning through the glass doorway.

"Ever since I was just a kid yeah" I look at him suspiciously.

He leaves again and I sit there with nothing but some snacks and a couple magazines.

After twenty minutes of me spinning the rolling chair in continuous circles I stop and wonder where he went. He can't just ditch me that would be rude.

"Ms.Chandler? You've been called upon" said a middle aged man wearing a suit.

"Um alright" I walk towards him as he begins to lead the way to the elevator I thought I saw Jack go up before.

"Here's you're jacket, you'll need it" he said giving it to me, very neatly folded into his forearm.

"Thank you, but where am I going?" This is all so weird.

"It was nice meeting you" he said as he leads me into the elevator, presses the button labelled "H" and leaves me alone as the door shuts.

I can already feel the elevator was chilly so I put on my coat and adjust my hair as the doors opened again but this time to a breathtaking view and.. Jack standing by a large helicopter with the propellers turning so fast the wind was blowing my hair past my ears. I didn't even realize it was already turning to evening as the sun was beginning to go down and the light of the concrete jungle began to spark.

The side of the massive copter said "Gilinsky Corp." in huge letters.. I admired the machine as I walked towards an eager Jack with a headset waiting to be placed on my head.

"What if I told you I was afraid of heights?" I said jokingly as I approached him nearly shouting. "This is amazing"

"If you were you wouldn't be living on one of the highest floors of your building" he shouted back. "Let me put this on you" he said as pulled me towards him close enough to put the weird gear on.

He watched intently, careful to not get any of my hair caught. He adjusted it just right and as I was looking up at him he caught me. A little embarrassing usually, but he smiled and let his hands rest on the sides of my cheeks but gets interrupted by some man with a clipboard giving him a thumbs up.