Chapter Nine

[AURORA'S POV]

I see the sun through my eyelids and feeling my headache that I apparently had starting to ease away. I opened my eyes to the bright sunlight that was all on my face and T-shirt? I pause and start to think. I look around and immediately don't recognize anything.

I jump out of whoever's bed I was in ..holy shit what happened. I look down and I have on some guys shirt, and my breath still had an unfamiliar after taste.

"Take this, and this" said someone behind me. I turn around and see Jack with his morning messy hair, wearing a similar shirt to mine, squinting to adjust to the brightness in this room. He was holding a tall glass of water and a couple of pills. Oh fuck no.

"Woah woah woah, what the hell are you doing here?" I say pointing to where he was standing. He looked at me with some amusement to my confusion.

"To define 'here' for you, Upper East New York, my city, this building, my building, this room" he took a few steps closer and gave me the pills and water "is my room."

I stand there trying to process or atleast remember anything.

"Okay then" I press my lips into a thin line .. yea I can't remember shit. "What am I doing here?"

"Last night you called me, and you seemed a little too tipsy, so I came and picked you up-"

"I remember that" I say nodding quickly hoping to remember more "how did you know where I was? I didn't end up telling you" I can slightly remember that embarrassing call.

"Your phone has a GPS, you called me, I could easily track it" he said as if it was nothing huge ..but my eyes were practically popping out of their sockets.

"Excuse me?"

"Then that dick Jim was forcing himself on you, nothing happened thank god, but soon after you passed out so I drove you back home but to my place because I didn't have the key to your place" he says encouraging me to sit back down in the bed again.. His bed again.

"Wait so what happened when we came home" I say as I sat down "I'm wearing your t-shirt aren't I?" I ask with some lingering fear.

"Yes, now take those meds or I won't answer anything else." He spoke. I obey his 'orders' only because I needed to drink the water, my throat was turning dry.

"Did you undress me? Or did I do that." I say with some embarrassment.

"I did" he spoke looking at my knees then to my face, as if he were checking me out. I feel my stomach tie into a little knot for a split second not knowing what to think.

"Did anything happen here? Where did you sleep if this is your room?"

"Nothing happened Aurora, I simply undressed and redressed you, turned off the lights and slept in the guest bedroom, my room was closer to the stairs so it was easier to put you here"

He could tell I was turning a bit red, how could I have drank that much, I never even drink what was I thinking?

"Feel free to use my shower, towels and everything are all in there" he said pointing to two french glass doors that opened into a vast marble bathroom.

He starts to take off his shirt.. what is he doing? does he think I'm showering with him? This is ridiculous.

I wasn't complaining though his exposure sucked a few breaths out of me, you would think from wearing so many suits all day long he would be pale and nothing to be too excited about but he maintained this glistening dark olive tan in his pigmentation and a sharp V line, with a few shadowing muscles across his torso.