Brand New World

Here's chapter 4! Now we can get started!

Disclaimer: I don't own UnOrdinary

-------------------

Seraphina felt like her head was pounding. She groaned, attempting to sit up.

"Easy there, Seraphina. You collapsed." A familiar voice spoke out.

"Leilah?" Seraphina voiced out, feeling dizzy, having trouble focusing. What did that drug do to her? Did Leilah know that the drug would do that?

Suddenly, Seraphina felt sick and before she could stop it, she vomited bile all over the blankets.

"Ugh..." Seraphina wiped her mouth, her vision slowly beginning to focus. "Leilah, where's John?"

"John?" Leilah blinked. "Who's John?"

"The boy who saved us! The one with the dark hair!" Seraphina was losing her patience with her sister. Leilah went quiet. "Leilah?"

"Seraphina... what do you mean someone saved us? You mean from Mother and Father?" Leilah spoke cautiously.

"Leilah! Enough games! I'm talking about Spectre! Your organization!" Seraphina snarled viciously, the pounding of her head increasing with the returning of her vision. Finally, she could focus...

She was in her room. Her room from home. She hasn't been here since she left home to return to Wellston to be with John...

And Leilah was there. She was there, and much younger than when Seraphina recently saw her.

"Lei... Leilah?" Seraphina questioned, confused. Leilah looked as if she's seen a ghost.

"Seraphina... it sounds like you've had a bad dream..." Leilah smiled uneasily, quickly reversing the vomit off of Seraphina's blankets so they were as good as new. She felt her younger sister's forehead, trying to locate a temperature. "You suddenly fainted, and Mother and Father cancelled all extracurricular activities for the afternoon so you could rest."

Seraphina didn't respond, registering what Leilah told her. She climbed out of bed, despite Leilah's protests and went towards her full body mirror.

It was her. She was in her twelve-year-old body.

"Seraphina, I'm going to bring you more food, okay? Mother putting you on a hunger strike must've messed with your body." Leilah placed her hands on Seraphina's shoulders. Seraphina paid her no heed, touching the mirror, tracing her image.

'I'm twelve years old again!' Seraphina thought. She was numb, and Leilah took this chance to lead her sister back to bed.

"Stay in bed and rest. I'm going to get you some food, okay?" Leilah told her. Leilah departs from her bedside and walks towards the bedroom door. However, she paused, keeping her green eyes ahead. "Also... I think you should forget your dream. I've never heard of Spectre." With that, she exited the room, leaving Seraphina alone.

'What's going on?' Seraphina's heart began pounding in panic. 'I'm twelve years old again! Is this some kind of illusion? How can this be possible?' Despite her head pounding, she rose from her bed again, journeying back to the mirror to make sure she wasn't imagining it.

Sure enough, her twelve-year-old self was still there staring back at her.

"I remember being in Arlo's barrier against Spectre. Then Leilah... The drug!" Seraphina quickly brought her hand to her neck where she remembered the syringe being stabbed into her. She tried to feel for some evidence of a prick but could find none. She then brought her hands in front of her face, examining them. "Leilah said the drug was a prototype. Could it have interfered with my ability in some way?"