Just a Cripple Named Sera

Hey guys so here's chapter 5! Hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own UnOrdinary.

-----------------------

"Sera... I don't care what anyone else thinks." John gripped her shoulders tight. Seraphina could feel his hands trembling as he held her. "Everyone else can think I'm shit, but you have to believe me!"

Seraphina watched her friend, who appeared his whole world—his lie—was crumbling right before his eyes. Why did John want her to not see him as Joker so badly? Why couldn't he accept she knew the truth? Why was he so determined to hide this side of him from her?

"PLEASE." He begged her, pleading with her to accept the reality he made for her, "I'm not Joker."

"I'm not a monster, okay?" he desperately said. Seraphina's eyes widened.

'Monster? ...why is he acting like this?' Seraphina couldn't understand. She has never seen him that way. Even now, knowing what she knows, she still...'Is he really still trying to convince me? ...or is he still trying to convince himself?'

Seraphina could not be a part of his false reality. Not anymore.

"Listen John, you have to stop lying." Seraphina stated. She had to get through to John, who appeared to be having his own internal conflict. She had to make him see what he was doing wasn't healthy—for her or for him. "If there's something wrong, you can talk to me about it. Denying won't help—"

"I'm not denying anything!" John interrupts her. The shaking in his hands increase, and Seraphina worried about his mental state. "I'm just telling it like it is!"

Seraphina is silent, observing him critically. It was like she was talking to a wall, and she felt she was getting nowhere.

'If I want him to be honest with me, I should be honest with him.' Seraphina concludes, and she confesses her trump card.

"John... I already know everything..." Seraphina speaks gently, as if her tone could somehow soften the blow. "New Bostin, your expulsion, how you're secretly a high-tier..."

John's eyes widen, and his grip tightens, threatening to cause bruises, but Seraphina waits. His entire body is trembling, and she feels it from his grip. Before she can touch him in an attempt to soothe him, he releases her.

John looks like Seraphina told him something horrific. His entire body was tense and shaking. His eyes were filled with denial and complete terror. Seraphina wanted to comfort him—to let him know she was there. She took a step forward, preparing to offer support.

"John...?" she whispered, trying to bring his mind back to the present. She could handle this. They could handle this. They've face so much worse, and even if John was lying to her the entire time, she knew he was strong.

They could get through this together.

"Who the fuck told you about that?!" John blew up at her, and Seraphina took a step back, shocked he was yelling at her. John's never yelled at her before. He was always so gentle with her. This was a whole new side of him she was seeing for the first time.

"It was Arlo, wasn't it?!" he snarled. "Or that fucking rat, Isen?!" He glared at her menacingly. "I bet those two made you come talk to me too!"

It scared her.

"No. I asked for the info myself—" Seraphina began. She didn't understand why Isen and Arlo would even ask her to talk to John in the first place, as if she had power over him, when she knew from his lies, that she did not. She now wasn't even sure if John even cared about her in the first place.