Catalyst

Hey guys, here's the next chapter to "Always Led Back to You"! I've finally had some time so I decided to update my Unordinary fanfictions.

Disclaimer: I don't own UnOrdinary

-------------------------

"Sera?" Seraphina hears a knock at her door and sees William enter. He gives her a welcoming smile. "I've noticed you've seemed to acquire a lot of dirt and scratches on you. Perhaps you'd like to shower?" William offered.

"I... wouldn't want to impose." Seraphina wouldn't lie—a shower sounded wonderful right now—but she wasn't sure if it would be rude to take advantage of William's hospitality.

"Nonsense!" William waved her off. "Here," he goes towards John's dresser and gets some of his clothes and walks over to present them to her. "You can borrow some of John's clothes while we clean up yours." William explains. "Don't worry about Adrion and John—they know better than to harass a girl while she's bathing—but we do have a lock on the bathroom door if that makes you feel better."

Seraphina tried to imagine John trying to get a peak on a girl and just couldn't imagine it. Even during their friendship, John was always respectful and never made her feel uncomfortable. They've had sleepovers all the time, after all.

"If you're sure..." Seraphina took the offered clothes and slowly rose from John's bed. William smiled at her warmly.

"It's no trouble. Just leave your clothes outside in the hallway and I'll pick them up to wash them. Dinner's almost ready so we can eat after you're finished." William explained.

"Thank you." Seraphina was truly grateful to William, and her resolve to save John strengthened, as William too would be heartbroken at what his son had become.

"You're welcome, Sera. See you in a bit." William bid her farewell and pointed out the bathroom. "Bathroom's just down the hall"

Seraphina followed his instructions and hurried to the bathroom or hurried as much as her aching body would allow. She passed by the kitchen, and felt eyes on her, but didn't dare check, too nervous at the possibility it could be John watching her.

Arriving at the bathroom, Seraphina did as William instructed and removed her clothes, sneaking them into the hallway, and then locking the door. While Seraphina was absolutely sure she didn't need to do that, she didn't want to seem suspicious by not locking the door. After all, she was a stranger to them as they were supposed to be strangers to her. It would be weird to not act cautious with strangers.

Seraphina sighed in relief when she felt the hot water streaming down her back, soothing the aches of her body. She noticed William must have placed a clean rag and towel for her to use and began scrubbing all the mud caked on her skin with the soap that was there in the shower. She recognized the soap as the one John used to use when she would use the shower at his place. Of course, Seraphina usually had her own soap to use, but she always enjoyed the scent John gave off, and a part of her allowed herself to get high on the scent, remembering affectionate hugs from John when their relationship was less complicated.

'Could we have that again? Is that possible?' Seraphina wondered. This John was closer to his post Joker counterpart than his cripple identity. Was it possible to achieve the same close relationship they had before? It seemed almost impossible. 'Everything is so different than last time we became friends. The circumstances were different. It's most likely it will never be exactly the same...'

Seraphina washed her long hair, trying to distract herself with the shampoo's scent to avoid thinking more on John and hers past friendship. She couldn't afford to break down crying. Not now. She had to focus.