Dark Reality

Hey guys! Here's the update for "Always Led Back to you"! I hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimer: I don't own UnOrdinary.

----------------------------------------

Arriving back to John's house felt so surreal. Seraphina couldn't help but want to facepalm at her lack of planning, but John holding her hand and leading her back to his home, prevented her from doing that.

They entered quietly, removing their shoes and John hurried to get her a towel.

"Dad must've went to bed." John told her, placing the towel on her head, and proceeded to try to dry her long hair off. He then took her hand again and dragged her to the bathroom, grabbing a fresh towel and rag on the way. Seraphina blinked when they were in the bathroom and John pointed to the tub and shower. "Just use my soap again, okay? You gotta take a shower though cause we don't want you getting sick."

Seraphina stared at him, and suddenly a mischievous idea entered her mind, and she began taking her shirt off. John choked on his own spit.

"Don't undress with me here!" John's entire face was glowing bright red. Seraphina internally smirked.

"You said get in the shower." Seraphina blankly stated. "You even told me to use your soap. Sounds like you're a hormonal teenager."

If possible, John's face flushed even more.

"W-we'll get you your own soap tomorrow, okay? Just use it for now." John stuttered. "I'll be right back with some clothes for you."

John quickly raced towards his room and retrieved a pair of gym shorts and a fresh new t-shirt, throwing them at Seraphina in embarrassment.

"Now take a shower! I'll wait for you in my room, okay?" with that, John retreated to give her privacy and shut the door behind him, too flustered to wait for a reply.

Wasting no time, Seraphina quickly stripped and turned on the hot water of the shower. She sighed in bliss as the hot water cascaded down her body for the second time that day. She grabbed John's soap and proceeded to scrub herself clean, thoughts swarming in her head.

'Hopefully they won't send me back home. I have to make sure I stay in New Bostin to be able to keep an eye on John.' Seraphina thought. It appeared she would now have to find shelter after all if John's stubbornness was an indication. 'Maybe I can try to locate Spectre myself and get lodging?' there was an idea. Then she would be able to contact Leilah and get her to leave for Spectre too. She was sure the people Leilah was talking to in the previous timeline were, in fact, Spectre, but Seraphina also didn't have a lot of background on why Leilah left without her.

Either way, Seraphina would be now forced to find some kind of shelter since now John was aware she was essentially homeless, and she was sure he would be informing William right away in the morning as well, which would make it even more difficult to use the bushes as a temporary base of operations.

'I just have to be careful they don't send me home.' Seraphina concluded, finishing up her shower and drying herself off. 'I have to make it seem like being sent back to my parents is not an option.'

But should she tell John the truth that she ran away? What if they try to locate her parents? She knew her parents—they were vindictive and cruel—there was no way they'd take her running off lightly and would be even pissed more so she was returned by a Cripple family.

'Saying I ran away is going to have to be omitted.' Seraphina concluded, because she knew even if William and John were trying to help, her family would make sure they were never successful at anything, which would interfere when Unordinary is published by William. 'William and John might not understand how high tier families treat their children more like objects than actual children. I can't have them sending me home with some misguided way of enforcing reconciliation.'