Chapter 8

Got a secret, gonna keep it, swear this one you'll save, better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave.

-Secret, the Pierces

I stared at Nathan with wide eyes.

What?

Rebecca's arrest had been similar enough. But this had taken it to a whole new level of similarity. Exactly the same? Every detail? 

It made sense. He was probably going to France to visit family members or something, because he was half-French. But everything else.....?

A thought hit me and my brow furrowed. 'Wait, you have a powder blue Gucci handbag?'

Nathan looked a little shocked. 'No, it was grey.'

'You have a Gucci handbag?'

'It was a backpack.'

'Sure.' I leaned back against the wall and smirked. 'Sure.'

'It-' Nathan started to argue with me but then his shoulders slumped. 'I'm never going to convince you otherwise, am I?'

'Nope.'

He sighed in defeat. 'I knew it.'

'But why Gucci? Are you rich as well?'

'They have good quality stuff, okay?' Nathan shrugged. 'And let's just say, life was not hard.'

'How rich?'

Nathan squinted his eyes at me. 'What do you mean, how rich?'

'As in, how much money do you have?'

'Why do you ask?'

'I want to know.'

'Why do you want to know?'

'Can't a girl be curious?'

'If you need to know, my father is the CEO of L'Ocean Hotels.'

My jaw dropped. L'Ocean Hotels was the most magnificent accomodation one could ever imagine. It was like, the king of hotels. There wasn't any other hotel like it anywhere in the world, and the company had branched out into different countries. Besides being the most fabulous, it was the most expensive. One night could easily put a guy with a full wallet and a loaded bank account into debt. I had been there a couple of times on vacation, and it. Was. Marvellous. 

It was located in the best places in every country, near the beach, close to the shopping malls and the sightseeing attractions. It had the best facilities and service, exotic drinks that were served to you when you checked in, a luxurious bedroom with canopy beds and televisions in every single room (even the wardrobe. Which was walk-in, by the way). All the guests received royal treatment (probably because we would have a royal bill to pay by the time our stay was over) and it was the best place to meet wealthy people, drink wealthy shooters, listen to wealthy music and soak up each other's wealth.

His father was as loaded as mine, if not more.

'I love that place.' I pushed my jaw back into place.

'You've been there?'

'Yeah, it's beautiful.'

'Thanks.' Nathan gave me one of his rare smiles. 'How about you? How much money do you have?'

I copied his tone. 'If you need to know, my father is the CEO of Pearl Cosmetics.'

Nathan gasped. 'My mother is his number one fan.'