Chapter 5: here's to ruining today's youth

The students got here only a couple a days ago. I've kept my distance from them for the most part. Some of the students piqued my interest. Like Chihiro and Aoi, for example they seem really sweet. I want to get to know them. All of the students are fascinating in their own ways, though some I would prefer to observe from a distance..

Fortunately, there hasn't been any killing happening, and while the students claim there won't be,, I have my doubts.. Argh these poor kids! They want to trust each other but we all know they're on edge. I can't say I blame them though. Anyone would be. Dammit (Y/n)! Stop pitying the kids and focus on why you're here for! I scold myself.

I try to conjure something to keep my mind off of it. Hmm..

OH! The classrooms are unlocked, no thanks to my faulty key card though. They unlocked when the students showed up. Dunno why Monokuma felt the need to keep them locked in the first place, but whatever man. Speaking of which, I look up, the prize I got really was Monokuma. When I returned to my room there sat a little stuffed bear sitting neatly on my bed. It was kinda cute, and I swear, it smells faintly of vanilla. I'm not quite sure what to do with it, so he's just been residing on my shelf.

I finish tying my shoes and head to the first floor. I figured I would get something proper to eat rather than whatever junk I found in the warehouse. It didn't take too terribly long to get to the dining area. Unfortunate for me, I was unaware of the teens' plan to meet up here every morning. They stared at me as I entered the room. It was dead silent. I tried to brush it off and head to the kitchen. Yeah,, let's just say I didn't get too far... heh..

"STOP! WHO ARE YOU??!" I must of looked like a deer in headlights. The kid who yelled was known to be the Ultimate Moral Compass. What was his name?? Toko?? No.. Taka?? Yeah, it was Kiyotaka!

"Yeah we've been seeing you all around, are you another student?? We didn't see you at the orientation," Aoi says, tilting her head a bit. The air felt heavy as all eyes turned to me in suspicion.

"Ah- um- I–", I begin to stammer. Before I got a proper response out Monokuma popped out of seemingly thin air. Me along with the students jumped back a bit in surprise. How does he do that??

"Puhuhu~ I see you've all finally made acquaintance with M(/x) (Y/n)! They're the Ultimate Janitor~! BWHAHAHA", he laughed like the bastard he is. My face donned a shade of red but my irritation overpowered my embarrassment.

"No I'm not dipshit," I spat and crossed my arms. I would of smacked him across the head but I don't wanna learn what happens next.

"So you're not a student?", Aoi asked tilting her head slightly.

"Umm,, no,,?"

"If you're not a janitor then what do you do?" The blond trust fund kid asks in a snippy and demanding tone. I grit my teeth at the kid's attitude. I know he has the right to be suspicious but geez. His name slips me at the moment.

"I'm a forensic scientist.. I'm going to be giving you information on the dead bodies." I give the blond the same glare he gave me, then returned my attention to the group as a whole.

"Aha well you're gonna have an easy job then! There's no way any of us would kill anyone!", The kid with the wacky hair– Hiro– exclaims. You're saying that now.

"We can only hope," I mutter with a sigh.

* * * *

The day was relatively uneventful, aside from the morning's confrontation. However, I did tidy up here and there, after all I was technically the janitor as stated in my agreement. At about 3pm Monokuma announced for the students to meet in the gym. Huh. That's out of the ordinary. To cure my curiosity I get up and head to the data lab.
I used my key and unlocked the door. It popped open with a click and in I went. The room, as I remembered, was dark and illuminated only by the monitors displayed on the walls. You could see the students reluctantly making their way to the gym. Most either looking confused or annoyed.

When they all arrived Monokuma got started with his spiel. He graciously gave the students a DVD. Again most looking either confused or annoyed. Over the past few days, I could tell Monokuma was getting antsy over the lack of despair (something he went on about often). Which is why he presented the students with a motive. I assumed whatever was on the discs had to be something horrible. Especially to get someone to commit murder. Not long after passing out the DVDs he let the students go. Truly now I only hope whatever is on there doesn't get to them.