Chapter 10: damn it i liked them :-/

Mukuro Ikusaba.

Ultimate Soldier.

Status: Deceased.

. . .

I stare intensely at the photograph, perhaps hoping I'll find an answer hidden amongst the page like a Where's Waldo puzzle. My brows were furrowed and I had the tightest grip on the book. Mukuro Ikusaba. The name echoed in my head but it didn't ring a bell. Who was she?
She looked only vaguely familiar. It was like trying to remember a dream; so close yet always just out of grasp. I know I would have remembered a deceased student, right? I huff and close the book. I was starting to get a headache, perhaps from stress, yeah probably, most definitely.. I opened the wooden drawer to my nightstand and slid the book inside, shutting it gently.

I released yet another sigh and plopped my head down on my pillow; staring at the dark wooden slats framing the ceiling. I stared at them until my vision distorted, the silhouettes moving as if they were a fluid; sending me into a state of hypnosis.

I must've fallen asleep because I awoke to a loud buzzing noise. It was like an alarm. On and off. On and off. Now I knew damn well my phone does not get any service in this school and besides it should be on do not disturb anyways. I groan and aimlessly grab whatever device is vibrating. I reach around before finally finding the culprit. It's the pager Monokuma gave me before the cameras were up and running. It was supposed to be temporary, but I'm not gonna look to hard into why he's using it now. I squint at the text displayed at the screen.

GIRLS' LOCKER ROOM.

#########

.

.

.

.

I enter the locker room, but nothing could have prepared me for what, or better yet, who I saw.

Chihiro, sweet Chihiro, hung bloodied and limp. Their head was adorned with a large gash and arms were bound by an extension cord; like an angel to the crucifix. Their expression seemed peaceful almost.

I carefully pushed up their sleeve and examined their forearm. The cord they were bound to must have been placed after they died. There doesn't look to be a struggle of any sort. There's no bruises where it's wrapped. The only thing worth noting is the faint pink splotches forming on the underside of their arm and they're warm meaning the murder occurred recently. I put the sleeve back in place and got down to my knees. Before continuing further I apologized aloud to Chihiro. I rolled down their stockings and proved my hypothesis. The pink splotches continued down their legs and gradually became more noticeable the closer to their feet. It was still faint but noticeable enough. If I had to guess they were about two hours into livor mortis. I'm sure by the time the students get here the blood will be completely settled. Poor Chihiro's face will be the most noticeable, blotchy and pink, only having bangs to cover the mess.

While I'm at it I gently place a gloved hand behind their lower thigh and with my other hand I attempt to bend the knee. It moved as it should and I took note of that. Rigor Mortis has yet to set in, expected. With all this in mind, I began writing the report.

Victim: Chihiro Fujisaki.

* The time of death was around 2am.

* The body was found in the second floor school area, in the girls' changing room.

* Cause of death is a blow to the head with a dull object. Death was instantaneous.

########

I quickly got cleaned up. Stripped my protective gear and placed them into the disinfectant bin and closed the lid. I put on a clean, oversized T-shirt and some sweatpants. It was about time I slept in proper pajamas. I wished the water wasn't turned off so I could clean off my face better, hell, even take a shower, but alas, we can't always have what we want. This was the best I can do.

Now it didn't take terribly long to get to the fourth floor. As I approached the headmaster's office I gently knocked on the door before unlocking it. I expected some sort of acknowledgement when I entered but there was none. Hand still on the handle, I looked towards the desk. It was littered in papers but what stood out most was Monokuma hunched over, head resting on his arms. You could hear the softest snore emitting from him.

He was asleep?

I carefully walked over and placed the report on the desk. He looked so calm; so vulnerable. It was odd seeing this side of him. It was almost sweet; endearing in a sense. I looked around when I finally pulled out a little storage bin from the under sofa. Inside was a pillow and a blanket that looked to be shoved in there. I take the blanket and drape it over his shoulders. I grit my teeth as he emitted a soft groan. I remained tense until he settled again; terrified he'll catch me in the act. But after a moment or two he settled back. Never would I have expected to see the chaotic bastard known as Hope's Peak Academy's headmaster to be sleeping so soundly.

I wouldn't mind staying longer but now it's my turn to rest.
And with a gentle sigh, I leave.

###############

(A/N):

Lol hii I haven't forgotten about this I'm slow as hell and I'm bad at making decisions.

+ just wanna ramble,, idk if anyone was thinkin damn this mf [(y/n)] sleeps a lot!! Anyways that's a learned behavior!! Since their job requires them to work odd hours, they have to sleep when they can because they never know when they'll be called in next. Not sure if it's as necessary at Hope's Peak, but old habits die hard.