Chapter 7: T is for Trauma

I woke up much later than usual. It was nice of Monokuma to let me sleep in. Especially after he woke me up at 1am.. Hrng still sleepy though.. I sluggishly get out of bed and get dressed for the day..

On my way to the cafeteria I pass Monokuma looking much more peppy than usual. If I had to guess it was because his killing game has kicked off. I roll my eyes and continue on my way.

Soon enough I enter the kitchen. There sat a girl eating through the box of donuts. She looked startled when she noticed me.

"Aren't you all supposed to be investigating right now? I'm not upset with you just wondering," I ask.

Her expression saddened a little. "Yeah.. I don't think I would be much help though.. I'll only get in the way. That's why I'm in here."

"Asahina right?", she nods, "Hmm it's not right of Monokuma to be doing this.. I've seen grown adults who are trained in the field get queezy at the sight.. And you all are just kids.." I sigh.

There was a loud chime that played, then the tv crackled to life. "Attention everyone. It is now time for the class trial. NOW HURRY UP!" And like that it turned off again.

Hina looked at me with a scared expression. "You'll do fine, trust me." She nodded with a slightly more determined look then left. Obviously I didn't know that for sure, but I hoped the kids would do fine.

The class trial would be starting so I had to clean up the crime scene soon. I was still hungry so I grabbed a quick snack and headed back to my room. There I put on a jumpsuit, gloves, a mask, and shoe coverings. I didn't want to be unsanitary.

Just as I was about to go work the tv flickered on. It was a room I hadn't seen before. There stood the remaining students (along with Monokuma sitting in a massive throne). The class trial.

Was he broadcasting it to the tvs?
Must be.

Regardless, I made my way down to Makoto's room with cleaning supplies on a cart. Like a janitor. The first thing I did was carefully pick up Sayaka and place her in a casket like container. According to Monokuma I have to put every one of the corpses into a morgue-like freezer.

Next I grab a mop and clean up the blood off the tiled floor and walls. Thankfully, since it was a shower the water would drain. After that I sanitized the floor. I wipe my brow. Ok I think I'm done in here.

I turn out the light and close the door. The doorknob is still broken. I mutter a few swears and grab some hardware to fix it with. It didn't take long but I managed to fix the knob to somewhat usable shape. It wasn't too good from the beginning I've heard.

I turn around and face the wreck of a room. The scratches on the walls and floor can't be fixed. I can tidy up the stuff strewn on the floor though.

After I finally finish the room I wheel Sayaka's corpse to the Bio Lab. God it was so weird seeing her like this. Yes it's my job to inspect corpses. But.. I've never actually known the victim,, yknow? To me it seemed fake in a sense.. But here Sayaka lays lifeless. I shake my head. Just do your job (Y/n), I tell myself.

I press a few buttons on the freezer and with a click it opened. The inside was much colder than the Bio Lab itself. Makes sense though.. With a heavy sigh I slide Sayaka into the freezer. I wasn't sure if it was the cold or the circumstance that made me shiver. I didn't like it regardless.

I put the cleaning supplies away and returned to my room to clean myself up. After taking a shower, I enter the main room to find the class trial was wrapping up. I sit on my bed and watch the tv while I dry my hair with a towel.

Monokuma hit a button with a gavel and up popped a screen that looked like a video game.

Leon Kuwata was found guilty. Time for the punishment!

It displayed a pixelated Monokuma grabbing Leon by the hair and dragging him off screen.

The camera cut to Leon bound up to a pole. The view panned to a pitching machine. My eyes widened.

Subtitles read: "1000 Blows"

And with that the machine started up and began shooting balls at an alarming rate. Not long after, Leon stopped flinching as the balls hit him. He was dead. The machine sputtered to a stop and there Leon hung bloodied and bruised. Killed in cold blood.

The monitor flickered to an automated screen. It was of Monokuma's bearsona, as I liked to call it, with an arm in the air saying, "That's all folks!"

The trial was over.