Chapter 6: it got to them :/

I found myself being awoken by the squeaky voice of Monokuma. This felt way earlier than usual. I looked up at the tv displaying the despair bear (a nickname I've grown fond of).
"Oh (Y/n)~ Guess the great news!" I was too discombobulated to play whatever game he was playing. It was too early for whatever this is.

"What?", I groan and rub my eyes. They burned from the bright light of the monitor.

"No you have to guess-!"

"Arghh.. You've finally come to your senses and are letting everyone go..?"

"Aww (Y/n) it makes me sad for you to even consider that~ T_T", he pouted and sniffed. It was a little odd seeing something other than a grin from him. And I'm not even going to question how he said the emoticon aloud.

"Whatever,, now whaddya want?"

"Get dressed and head to Sayaka's room~" The screen turned off after that. I rolled my eyes and did what I was told. Kuma really out here making me tend to sick children like a mother. Sure I feel bad for her, I knew she wasn't feeling well earlier, but can't she take care of herself? I made my way to her room. I knock on the door before unlocking and opening it.

My jaw dropped when I saw the state of the room. The wall and floor was scratched up. Furniture was knocked over. A faux sword was on the ground, unsheathed. This was not the stomach ache I was dreading to clean up after.

"Oh god." I was wrong. I was so wrong. I looked around didn't see Sayaka anywhere. I turned to the bathroom. I noticed the doorknob was broken. I take a deep breath and open the bathroom door. When I flipped on the switch I saw her. There she was dead. On the floor. Knife plunged in stomach.
She sat in a pool of her own blood.

And so it begins.

I get closer to her to examine her better. Careful not to mess with any crucial evidence. Aside from the obvious knife in stomach, I noticed her wrist looked to be broken. Not to mention her hands were clean aside from her fingertip. I looked around for any sort of explanation.

Behind her were the numbers 11037. She must of wrote it. Hmm. Well, if she was leaning against the wall,, then wouldn't the numbers be flipped? WAIT- What if the numbers are actually upside down??

I write the numbers on a piece of paper then turn it to be upside down. LEON. There's likely more evidence to show it's him but it's too early and technically it's not my job right now to figure out who did it.

I leave the restroom and close the door behind me. As I look at the room I can't help but feel something off. I look through the drawers and find a tool kit. These aren't in the girls' rooms. "How did she-??"
Unless this isn't her room.

I leave the dorm and head up to check the security cameras. "Are ya done??", Monokuma asks. I noticed he was wearing a nightshirt and cap. Heh cute. A small smile made its way onto my face.

"Almost. Do you know if Sayaka switched rooms with anyone?"

"Oh yeah! That Naegi kid. He was supposed to be the Ultimate Lucky Student. Though it's more like Ultimate Unlucky Student! He's gonna have a hard time proving it wasn't him~ puhuhu~"

With everything I needed, I quickly got to writing.

Victim: Sayaka Maizono.

* The time of death was around 1:30am.
* The body was found in Makoto Naegi's private room in the dormitory area.
* The victim was killed in that room's shower.
* Cause of death is a wound to the stomach area made by a sharp object.
* Other than that, there are traces of a blow to her right wrist. In addition to the traces, her right wrist's bone is broken.