Introduction

---◦❁❀❁◦---

Greetings, readers and welcome to Jackal Eka.

---◦❁❀❁◦---

Logline

When a supernatural flood drowns a town overnight, a mage apprentice finds herself fighting her worst nightmares to rescue the last survivors.

Blurb

As mysterious flash-floods rising from a dam reservoir begin drowning the town of Ketakey, it is upto the mages of the Kingdom of Kedhara to keep its citizens safe. Daminey Roukha, a mage apprentice born with the armor of the Jackal lineage and tasked with rescuing civilians, finds herself plunging headfirst into her nightmares as she navigates the source of the disturbance. With inexplicable and terrifying phenomena thwarting her attempts at saving the locals from the clutches of the deluge, time is a stream of sand slipping through her fingers. The mage apprentice is soon shown the true horrors of what was buried underneath the town centuries ago.

When you die in the darkness of the Ketakey Reservoir, you come back. But you never come back the same, there's always a price to pay for resurrection.

A South Asian/Indian mage fantasy

---◦❁❀❁◦---

Cover

---◦❁❀❁◦---

---◦❁❀❁◦---

Prompts

The prompts I've chosen for the novella are.

#5

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀ ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ ᴅʀᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ʀᴀᴠᴀɢɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀs ʀᴇᴄᴇᴅᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ʟᴀᴋᴇ/ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴏɪʀ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ʀᴇᴠᴇᴀʟ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ.

#66

ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ғᴏʀ ʀᴇsᴜʀʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.

Am I going to enjoy writing with these!

---◦❁❀❁◦---

Author's Note

This is my first time participating in the ONC, as in most other years there was just stalking with no writing done XD. 😁