Chapter 7|Strange happenings

She paced back and forth in disappointment and confusion. She had left her house, angered her grandfather and was nearly killed, only to reach a stage where she knew not how to proceed.

Everything seemed bleak and hopeless until, she suddenly stopped her pace and looked at Mayasur intently asking, "What were the unique developments that were made by Angraj?"

"What was the use?" Grunted Mayasur in disapproval. "I was in the department of Xenotransfusion."

Vatsala furrowed her brows in discombobulation until Mayasur replied, "Blood transfusion between human and animal."

"What else did Angraj do in Anga?" She asked, anticipating a well thought-out reply.

Mayasur shrugged casually once more replying, "He tried to harness water energy...but...wasn't able to do much due to the war." If I tell this brat anything more, she'll end up dead in some gutter!

"Then what exactly is written in this book!" She exclaimed in frustration.

Dundhubi snapped, "Neither I nor appa read Sumerian, so we don't know. Why don't you check the palace records?"

As soon as he said that, he got a hard knock at the back of his head from his father, who growled, "You oaf!"

"Palace records! There are palace records!" Exclaimed an elated Vatsala nearly jumping in delight.

"Don't even think about sneaking into the palace." Warned Mayasur pointing a finger at her.

"If palace records are available, then I'll come to know what is written in this journal, by whom was it written and why was it written." Said the determined girl.

"You won't be able to come out alive." Warned Dundhubi. "Just go back to Srinagar."

Vatsala shook her head in stubborn denial saying, "I won't rest until I find out who killed my parents." Saying this she was about to match out, but Dundhubi and Mayasur immediately held her back.

"LET GO...." She shouted in vexation as she struggled to free herself.

"Stop behaving like a fool." Snapped Mayasur.

"I must know the truth." She insisted trashing her legs furiously.

"Go die then!" Shouted Dundhubi pushing her away in irritation.

"Child, you must destroy this book." Pleaded Mayasur, joining his palms.

"Destroy?" She questioned narrowing her eyes at him. Then who were those assassins who killed my parents? Did...they need this journal as keepsake or to destroy it? Whatever is going on can only be answered after unriddling this book.

"Just burn the book." Insisted Mayasur in a stern voice, breaking Vatsala's chain of thoughts.

"Is that a solution?" Asked the stubborn girl nearly rolling her eyes. "I'm going to the palace." Saying that, she walked out of the hut. If the book had to be destroyed, why even write it in the first place?

Mayasur gave a low throaty groan and glanced at his son instructing, "Go aid her."

"I'll meet you in the afterlife." He taunted and marched out in reluctance.

" He taunted and marched out in reluctance