Chapter 13|Medusa's Lair

"HE'S ALIVE!" Roared Acrisius, trembling with rage.

"Yes my lord, he has headed to Tartaros to kill Medusa."

Acrisius burst out laughing. "He's as good as dead then."

The messenger didn't reply, he simply bowed his head and exited the palace. Going out to the empty barley fields, he pushed through the wedges of the transparent curtain.

"Isn't it time master?" He asked, saluting the lord.

"Let the girl reach him first." Replied the master. His smirk was hidden beneath the golden mask that covered his face.

"What do we do with Andromeda?" Asked the man.

"Let's see how far she goes. Keep an eye on them." Instructed the lord.

"Yes my liege." Replied the man, slammed his fist on his chest in salute and walked out of the dark hall.

It didn't take the man called Samael, to reach the dock where Andromeda and Perseus stood.

They were boarding the ship bound to Tripolitania (Libya).

"Are you sure she's there?" Asked a sceptical Perseus.

"Legends do say that she's there. Her lair is said to be close to Haides." Replied Andromeda as they boarded the ship.

"Legends...." Muttered the thoughtful young man. Half truth, half lies... "What else do I need to know about her?"

"She...was raped by Poseidon in Athena's temple and was hence cursed to be a hedious Gorgon."

Perseus glanced at Andromeda and a sarcastic chuckle escaped his lips, "I thought Athena was wise, apparently she's as foolish as my father Zeus!"

"Did you just call the almighty Zeus a fool!" She gasped in astonishment.

"Yes I did." He replied. "All He can do is impregnate women and then leave them! What an amazing God and father!"

Andromeda found it best to shut her mouth.

It's better if he deals with his own daddy issues, she thought shaking her head. "Anyway..." She mumbled, trying to get back to the topic of Medusa, "you need Athena's shield and Hermes flying slippers and...."

"And I just need you to shut up and let me think." He interjected. "I wonder why on earth did I let you tag along."

Andromeda rolled her eyes and watched as the oarsmen began their tedious task of rowing the ship.

The oarsmen were strong bulky slaves who were shackled together and dumped in the lowest deck of the ship to row day and night without a break.

She felt the huge wooden ship drift gently into the water as the white sales fluttered above her and the sun sparkled, glittering the blue waters of the Mediterranean.