Chapter 15|The twinkling orbs

Perseus sat down in the guest room provided by the king. His mind was all over the place.

It was too much for him to comprehend the complexities of his life and the world.
So lost was he, that he hardly heard Andromeda come and sit beside him.

"Should I clear your confusion?" She asked softly.

Perseus glanced at her and asked, "Are you the princess, or my Andromeda?"

"Your Andromeda?" She chuckled, as her fair cheeks turned a baby pink.

"I...I mean...the one who has been with me." He corrected himself sheepishly.

"The one who has been travelling with you." She replied.

For a moment, there was silence. Perseus had no idea what to ask her and Andromeda had no idea from where to begin.

After what felt like hours, Perseus asked, "Did you know that my father is Karn?"

"No." She replied, without looking at him. "I had no idea about your orgins. As for Sheol, I only heard it once from my father's mouth."

"Did he say something about it?"

"He just sounded terrified." She sighed recollecting the day it all happened....

"That place shouldn't have been found." Sighed king Cepheus, pressing his temples.

Queen Cassiope gently placed her hand on her husband's shoulder asking, "What is so bad about that world? All we wanted was to search for a greater technology, a way to improve our lives."

"That place...is a world unlike ours." He sighed. "Things that shouldn't exist, strive to gain control over the two worlds."

"Wh...what do you mean?" She asked, her brows furrowed.

"That world is Sheol- the aboard of the dead."

Just then there was a loud blast and soon everything began to turn into ash, dust and clouds of smoke.

Perseus gently held her hands trying his best to comfort her. She gazed at his hands over hers without a word.

Looking up at him, she continued saying, "Our world, wanted to discover advancements for the good of our people

Looking up at him, she continued saying, "Our world, wanted to discover advancements for the good of our people. But our greed has unlocked Sheol, a world that superficially seems to be like ours, but it isn't."

"Superficially?" He frowned. "But everything here feels the same as the other world."

"I don't know what is superficial here. Or why this place is named Sheol; but there lies an answer to this question with the cult of Thanatos."

"How?"

"In this world, the cult exists." She replied. "I have spent my life looking for them and realized that they've come to our world to either destroy it or control it."