Thousand miles

hey sorry its been so long since I've updated:)

BETTY'S POV:
We were cuddling in bed for the very last time for a while. His hand on my shoulder pulling me as close as possible, while my head was resting on his chest.

We layed together for a while, not saying a word, just enjoying the last few hours we have together before Jughead leaves for IOWA.

Jughead rests his chin on my head. "I'm gonna miss you.." He says, breaking the silence.

"I'll miss you too." I mumbled while trying to get even closer to him.

"I can't believe we're going to be over one thousand miles away from each other." He chuckles.

"God, Jug. Please don't make me cry right now." I slightly giggle, as I felt my eyes watering.

He chuckles once again and brings his hand up to my hair and starts playing with it.

"In the morning.." I started. "Please go, without waking me up. I don't think I'll be able to see you leave."

He places a soft kiss on the top of my head, "okay babe, I promise."

I lift up a bit to grab something. "Here's my iconic bobby-pin as a way for you to remember me." I giggle and slide it into his hair.

"You're cute." He chuckles while pulling me back down to lay on his chest. "And don't worry, Betts. It's impossible for me to forget you." He pulls me even closer.

I lift my head up a little and kiss his lips. We kissed for about a minute and I pulled away from his lips for the last time in a while..

"Goodnight, I love you, so much." I said, trying my hardest not to cry.

"I love you too, goodnight."

--The next morning--

JUGHEAD'S POV:

I woke up the next morning, it was around 7am, I had to leave early because my flight left around 9. It doesn't take me that long to get ready so I wasn't in any rush.

I slowly got out of bed trying my hardest to not wake up Betty. I placed a pillow to where I was so she could cuddle into that.

I walked downstairs and saw Alice sitting on the counter eating toast. She had offered to take me to the airport since my dad had left with Jellybean to go back to Toledo with my mother.

"Good morning Jughead, today's the big day, are you hungry?" Alice said while offering me a piece of toast.

"I'm okay thank you." I said softly while making some juice instead, I didn't feel like having breakfast this morning, I'll probably have something at the airport anyways.

"Is Betty awake? Is she coming with us?" Alice asked.

"No, she's still asleep." I replied. "She told me not to wake her this morning because she didn't want to see me leave." I let out a chuckle.

--30 minutes later--

I was all dressed, packed and ready to go. I just had one thing left to do. I grabbed the small box of candy, the note and a ring that I had been saving for Betty before I left. I placed it beside her on our bed. I kissed her head gently and looked at her one last time. "I love you." I whispered.

I got to the airport about 40 minutes later (it was 8:10 so I still had about an hour before my flight.) Alice helped me with my suitcases and walked me to the doors.

"Well, this is it." I chuckled. Trying my best not to show emotions at this point.

Alice quickly hugged me. "Thank you, for making my daughter the happiest, I don't think she would have been the person she is today if it wasn't for you." She smiled.

I smiled back. "I'll see you soon, Alice." I patted her shoulder and walked into the airport, about to start another chapter of my life..

BETTY'S POV:

I woke up around 8am. Like I always do, I reached for Jughead, but this time he wasn't there, because he had left.

I sat up and looked at Jugheads side, I found a note, and two boxes.

I opened the note and read it;

Dear Betty,

I'm not the person to write these type of things but, I didn't want to leave without saying thank you. Thank you for making these four years of my life the most joyful. Despite everything that has went down over these past few weeks, I love you, and I always will. In the big box there's a selection of your favourite candy, and in the small box, well, just open it and find out. But anyways, I love you and I'll see you soon.. I promise.

Yours forever,
Jug.

At this point my eyes were basically like a leaking tap, I opened the small box like Jughead said, inside there was a ring, it was beautiful. It was silver with a diamond heart in the middle. Another note flew out of the small box.

Okay, this isn't me proposing! Think of this more as a promise ring? Something you can always remember me with :)

I chuckled, gosh, I was so happy that my first experience of true love was with this man.

I put the ring on and put the note down, I brought my hands to my face and just.. cried. But the tears weren't tears of sadness although the man I was deeply in love with is now going to be over a thousand miles away from me, especially when I'm in Yale. I was more happy that Jughead and I would see each other soon, and we ended thing on good terms.

Maybe in a few years, we can try the whole love thing again..