Proposal

picture this in the seven year time jump, so everyone is in their mid 20's (25/26)

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! It's Christmas morning!" Betty and Jugheads daughter; May, screamed while jumping on her parents bed. May was six, Betty had gotten pregnant when she was eighteen, but since her and Jughead were broken up the the time she decided to not tell him and keep it a secret only some of her close friends would know. But now, Jughead had returned to riverdale, and Betty and Jughead have been working on their relationship ever since Jessica and Jughead ended their relationship.

Jugheads eyes fluttered open and a wide smile appeared on his face when he saw his beautiful daughter all excited to open her Christmas presents. He looked over at Betty and saw that she was still fast to sleep facing the other direction. Jughead picked up the pillow he was laying on and sat up. "Here." He said, handing the pillow to may. "Wake mommy up." He chuckled with a sleepy tone.

May softly started hitting Betty with the pillow she had been given, and eventually Betty woke up. "Mommy wake up! It's Christmas!" May said, all cheerfull at 7am in the morning.

Betty sat up and softly rubbed her eyes, she giggled and said "Okay." Betty looked over at Jughead and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. And not even a second after Betty yelled "Let's go open some presents shall we?!" May hopped off the bed as well as Betty. While Jughead slowly dragged himself out of bed behind them; It was far too early for him, but he loved seeing his girlfriend and daughter happy, so he let it slide today.

As May ran down the stairs shortly followed by Betty being careful not to fall. A big smile appeared on their daughters face. "New toys!" She screamed in excitement. Betty had a massive smile on her face, she never celebrated Christmas with Jughead and their daughter before, she was happy too see that she had a happy and perfect family.

As May started to open her presents, Jughead walked behind Betty and wrapped his arms around her waist. A small smile formed on Betty's face as Jughead started to kiss Betty's cheek multiple times. "Merry Christmas, baby." he whispered in her ear quietly. Betty blushed at the little pet name Jughead gave her. Being a single teen mom without any help from a dad was tough for her, but now Jughead is back and she is happier than ever.

-

A few hours had past and it was now 11am, the three had already had pancakes for breakfast and Jughead had just finished helping May set up her toys she had gotten. Along with that Veronica and Archie were also there helping out. Veronica and Archie seem closer than usual lately, Veronica had just went through a horrible divorce but Archie had been there to support her the whole way, Jughead and Betty were also there for her too. They decided to put their high-school years in the past for them to have a better future together.

Betty slowly crept up behind Jughead and placed her hands across his stomach. "I have a surprise for you." She whispered, but loud enough for Jughead to hear.

"Oh yeah." Jughead smirked. "What is it?" He asked. Betty grabbed his hand and pulled him into their bedroom, there were two presents sitting on their bed. "What is this." He asked looking back at her.

Betty giggled. "Well open it and find out, silly." She said while going to sit on the bed. Jughead walked over and opened the first present, It was a brand new Mac Book Pro to help out with Jugheads writing. He smiled and went to open the next one. A typewriter, like the one Betty gave him in their teenage years.

"Betty-" He said, speechless. "Well what? Don't you like it?" She asked with a confused look on her face. "No, this is perfect, thank you so much!" He squealed while wrapping his arms around her waist and pushing her onto the bed hugging.

"I actually." He started, getting a little nervous. "I actually have a gift for you too." He said while letting her go and standing up.

"Well? What is it then?" Betty said getting inpatient. "Actually, we have to go outside for this one." He said, grabbing Betty's hands and leaving the room.

As they reached downstairs Jughead told Betty to go outside and wait at the top of the garden. As she did what she was told Archie handed Jughead a ring. An engagement ring. It was a simple ring, it had two small diamonds on the outside and one big one in the middle. "Good luck bro." Archie said to Jughead. Jughead just nodded his head and headed outside to see Betty standing at the top of the garden.

As he was walking up he noticed the garden was covered in snow, and it was still going. He looked up at Betty who was smiling at him, as he admired the beautiful short read dress she was wearing, with tigh high boots and her golden blonde hair glowing with the snow falling on top of her head. He couldn't believe that today was the day he was doing to ask her to be his.

As he reached the top of the garden he took a deep breath. "So, I lied to you." He started. Betty felt her heart drop. "What-" She started but Jughead cut her off. "It's nothing bad! Don't worry!" He added and Betty took a breath of relief.

"So, remember when I told you I still hadn't finished my book about riverdale?" He started, Betty just nodded looking into his eyes, she could see he was nervous, she just didn't know why. "Well, I actually did." He said while handing her a copy. "And I'd like you to read the credit page." He said. Betty nodded and opened the first page.

She started to read out loud. "I would like to thank these people for being my motivation for this book, helping me through all the tough times." Betty read all of the names Jughead had wrote, then she came to the last line. "I would also like to thank my wife-" Betty stopped. "Wife? Jughead who is-" She stopped talking when she moved the book out of her sight and saw Jughead on one knee holding a ring up to her. "Oh my god." She said, in shock.

"Jug- What are you-" She tried to talk but the words wouldn't come out of her mouth. "Are you being for real?" She gasped with tears in her eyes.

"Betty.. When I first met you, I fell head over heels in love with you. And then I remember kissing you for the first time, Hugging you for the first time, And even fighting for the first time." Jughead started "Even though a lot of stuff has happened between us before, I can still see us being together forever. You're the most smartest, beautiful, caring woman I've ever met." At the point Betty was quietly sobbing at all of the things Jughead had just said.

"I love you, so much." He said. "I love you too." Betty sobbed. "So, Elizabeth Cooper, will you marry me?" Jughead asked, he was so nervous she was going to say no.

She nodded her head yes. "A million times yes!" She said as Jughead stood up placing the ring on her finger. She admired the ring for a few seconds before jumping into Jughead arms and kissing him, like it was the last time they could ever touch each other.

After a few seconds she pulled away and placed her hand on his cheek. "I love you so much Jughead Jones." She said, sobbing from happiness. "I love you too." Jughead said with happy tears coming from his eyes. They kissed once again as the snow slowly fell down on the perfect morning.

omg hey I'm not dead! ummm, sorry for probably making you cringe at the proposal part, idk what people say during those haha, anyways hope you enjoyed ♡

1376 words including this.