Jughead leaving for Iowa

Betty's POV.

I woke up this morning to the sun beaming in my eyes, I turned over to jugheads side and realised he wasn't there. I sat up and looked around the room, he still wasn't here. I got up, put my slippers on and walked downstairs. I saw him in the kitchen making breakfast.
i snuck up behind him and hugged him from behind. he flinched a little. "Good morning, Juggie." "Morning betts, how'd you sleep?" "Good, it would have been better if you were next to me as I woke up." he chuckled. I let go of him and sat down on the chair. "what are you making?" "Pancakes, want some?" I nodded 'yes' and smiled.

It was 12pm and Jughead and I were cuddling on the couch watching Netflix. "Jug?" I sat up and looked at him. He looked up at me with a confused face. "You're leaving for Iowa tomorrow, don't you think we should do something fun since it will be our last time together for a while?" "Of course, betts. what do you wanna do?" I looked at my phone, it said it was currently 27°. I giggled "wanna go to the beach?" He looked at me with a smile for a second before responding, "Sure, why not." I pulled him in for a kiss which he gladly returned. I pulled away "Okay, let's go get our things, I'm excited!" I squealed before jumping off the sofa and running upstairs. Jughead laughed at me.

Around 25 minutes later the car was packed and we were ready to go, Jughead was outside taking the roof down on the car as I was putting on my sandles. I walked outside and saw him inside the car. "Ready to go?" He said, smiling at me. I giggles and ran towards the car.

After a long hour drive we finally made it. I hopped out of the car and jughead grabbed the bags with the towels and spare clothes. I ran towards him and grabbed his hand as we walked down to the sand. It was empty, no one was here. We had the beach all too ourselves! We found a spot and placed down the towels and the bags, I layed down. jughead towerd over me and said "are you seriously going to be this boring while we're here?" I gave him a confused look.
He stared at me for a second before picking me up bridal style and taking me down the the ocean. I giggled the entire time. "Jughead, put me down!" I squealed as we got closer to the water. He shook his head and laughed and I tried to get out of his hold. "Juggie, it's going to be cold!" "You suggested this, not me" he said as he walked into the ocean. I giggled and held onto him tighter.

Jughead let go of me and started splashing me with water, I did the same. he stopped and swam over to to me, he picked me up from my waist and I wrapped my legs around his waist. he pulled me in for a long passionate kiss.

Around 2 hours later we were on the blanket cuddling. After a while I broke the silence. I sat up a bit and looked at him. he looked back at me. "How are we going to do this?" he gave me a confused look and said "do... what?" "long distance" I said while looking down. He gave me a worried look before cupping my face, "Betts, look at me" We locked eyes. "I know this will be hard but I promise you I will call you whenever I can, I will always be there for you, I love you forever and always, remember that, okay?" I giggled and nodded as he wiped away my tears. Then he pulled me in for a kiss, which I deepend and straddled his lap.

Jugheads POV

As we were driving back from the beach I peaked at betty a few times, she looked upset. when we got stuck in traffic I placed my hand on her thigh and she looked at me. "Is everything alright? " i said. "Yeah, I just processing that you're leaving tomorrow, that's all." she said as a tear fell out of her eye. "Betty, please don't cry, if you cry you'll make me cry." "I'm sorry I can't help it" she giggled. She looked back out the window as I continued to drive.

Before heading home we made a quick stop at pops, as we walked in we saw veronica and cheryl chatting away. Veronica looked up at us and smiled. "If it isn't my favourite love birds" Betty blushed "What can I get you?" "Can we have one vanilla milkshake and one chocolate milkshake please?" betty asked. "of course" veronica said as walking towards the back. Cheryl looked up at me and said "Excited for Iowa?" "sorta, I'm also really nervous." "don't worry about it, you'll do great" cheryl said as betty and I chucked. Veronica walked towards up and handed us the milkshakes, we grabbed them. "I'll see you guys tomorrow" Veronica said as Betty nodded. We laced hands and walked out.

Currently Betty was taking a shower and I was changing into my PJS to go to bed.
Betty walked out with wet hair and also in her PJS. she claimed into bed and rested her head on my chest as I put my arm around her. she started drawing patterns on my chest with her finger as we both slowly dozed off.

Bettys POV.

I woke up and today was the day, I was dreading it. I looked up at Jughead who was on his phone. I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around him. "Good morning" he said. "Morning" I mumbled into his chest. He looked down at me "are you okay?" "yeah, I just don't want you to leave today" I said as we locked eyes. "Hey, don't think abour that okay? we have until this evening to spend time with each other." I nodded as we connected our lips.

It was later that day and Jughead and I decided to head to the mall. I was looking around all the stores as Jughead followed her around. After a while we decided to head to Mcdonalds and grab some food and a drink. Time flew by, and before I knew it, it was almost time for him to leave.

Veronica and Archie agreed to come with us since we are all quite close, plus I'll need a shoulder to cry on while watching him walk away. We told them we would meet them at Pops at 2pm since jugheads flight left at 5pm, the airport was around 2 hours away. We met up with Archie and Veronica and headed to Archies car, Archie drove, Veronica sat in the front and Jughead and I were in the back, I was trying to hold my emotions back because I didn't want them to see my cry. I eventually fell asleep on jugheads shoulder.

After 2 hours I felt someone shaking me; it was Jughead, telling me we were here. I sighed before getting out the car and grabbing his hand as we all walked towards the airport. I could see Jughead in the corner of my eye looking at me, i didn't want to look back because I know I'll start crying in front of him, and I don't want them to feel bad. I had around 30 minutes left with Jughead and I knew it would fly by.

As we walked into the airport, and jughead had finished processing all of his things, but I didn't let go of his hand. and it was finally time to say goodbye.

Jugheads POV.

my flight was taking off in about 30 minutes and I still had to go through security and stuff like that, and obviously, they couldn't come with me. "Well, this is it bro" Archie said as I nodded my head. Archie and I hugged eachother. "Good luck" "Thank you" I said as I turned to veronica. She also hugged me and said that same thing. And then betty was there with tears in her eyes, I could tell she was about to explode with emotions. I pulled her closer to me and hugged her, tight. We pulled away but not letting go of eachother as we connected our lips for a few seconds. As we pulled away she leaned into my chest "I'm going to miss you so much, juggie" she said, mumbling into my chest. "I know, I promise I'll call you and come visit you with every chance I have." She slightly pulled away and nodded. We stood there looking at eachother before I had to go. "I love you, so much, Betty cooper" "I love you too." I slowly pulled away and stroked her face before walking away. I heard Betty quietly cry but I couldn't bring myself to look back otherwise I'd lose it. I continued to walk forward until no one could see me and a single tear fell from my eye.

Bettys POV

I watched him slowly pull away from me, he stroked my cheek before finally letting go. I stood there and froze. I felt someones hand on my shoulder; it was Veronica, I turned around quickly and hugged her, I sobbed into her chest and she rubbed my back. Archie walked off to go and buy me some candy and a drink. "It's going to be okay, he'll be back." I slowly lifted my head up to look at her, I nodded my head "I know." She wiped away my tears. "Archies gone to by some snacks, let's go join him. and feel free too pick out whatever you want, on me." I nodded my head and clinged onto veronicas arm as we walked towards the store Archie was in.

As we were walking back to the car, I was silent, I didn't know what to say. "You sit in the back with Betty, I'll drive." Archie said to Veronica quietly. Veronica nodded her head and opened the back door of the car, I climbed into the middle and she sat beside me putting her arm around me. My phone buzzed. I looked down at the ID; It was jughead.

Jughead: "Just made It through security, I miss you so much already😘"

I read the message and smiled a little before turned my phone off and turning it around. "Why didn't you reply?" Veronica said. "I'll probably start crying again, I'll call him tomorrow." I said. Veronica nodded her head as archie drove back to riverdale...

1818 including this.
damn. anyways, its my first time
actually writing something like
this so I hope you enjoyed. Follow
my Instagram @\kinkybetty. I post
bughead aus on there also <3