Chapter 23

I avoided Octavia for the whole week now. I knew she wanted to talk to me but I left the class before she even ask me to stay.

I came to class just on time and left early, didn't really have her any reason for me to stay after class.

She also came to my house, hoping to see me I guess but mom's been at home lately so she couldn't just barge in my room and make it suspicious for mom.

I didn't see Rick after that night. I don't care, it was none of my business now.

Who am I kidding? It's my business.

I hunged out with Ashley at her house. For some reason she didn't want to go out.

She broke up with Jacob as she said but according to school, she was stil single. I asked her about it and she told me to come to school as my normal self.

A cheerleader dating a nerd could ruin her reputation.

I was a bit hurt but I didn't comply her. I've come to like this getup of me. I'd rather study in school than hangout with popular cliques.

Luckily, Ashley's group didn't bother me anymore.

I didn't have anyone to bother me so school was peaceful for now.

I'd been hanging out with Addison and David a lot. Most of the times Brian summon David for some work.

I know he was involved in illegal business as he was friends with Gunner. No clean business exists when it comes to Gunner.

I wonder if David knew.

I wanted to ask him but my conscience told me it wasn't any of my business.

I sighed as I grabbed the glass which had coconut water in front of me and took a sip. It tastes heaven.

I looked straight at David, who was laying on floater which was floating on water in pool. He was shirtless with shorts and sunglasses on.

He looked like he was sleeping.

My parents decided to leave their job and focus on their business as it'll expand by 'sacrificing' me.

My parents were gone somewhere. I didn't ask where and when they'll be home.

Ashley went to Paris with her mom. Her mom was needed there in Paris branch and she thought it'd be better to take Ashley with her for wedding shopping.

She wasn't very excited about it, but went along.

It was a beautiful sunny day. I was playing game as usual and suddenly David came unannounced, wanting to hangout.

I wasn't in mood but he was persistent. Eventually I gave in.

Now here I was, sitting by pool with my legs inside it, drinking coconut water.

It was quiet and comfortable. Quite comfortable.

"Why don't you talk to her?" I heard David say.

I looked at him, he was still in same position as before.

"Talk to who?" I knew who he was talking about. 

He took off his shades and looked at me. "You know."

"What's there to talk about? I don't care" I said nonchalantly.

"Who are you fooling Alex? I can see the love you have for her." He said as he came out of pool.

"What love? You're insane. There's no love." I scoffed

He looked at me before diving in pool. He came back to surface, facing me. "No love yet but very close to love. You just don't realize it yet." He started swimming.