Chapter 30

I whimpered as I stood up. My back was in pain.

I couldn't believe I slept on couch the whole night.

The house was eerily quiet indicating that I was the only one at home.

I yawned and walked into kitchen. I looked around and decided to cook something.

I opened the fridge, grabbed a bottle of water, vegetables and noodles.

It'd been a while since I cooked. I still wasn't sure why I skipped eating.

I cooked noodles on stove, sautéed vegetables and gulped down the whole water in bottle.

I was dehydrated.

Suddenly the doorbell rung. I sighed and pull myself to walk towards door.

Sleep tired me out.

I yawned as I opened the door.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Both said in unison.

I took a step back and covered my ears. It was too early and they were so loud.

They both came inside, gave me hugs and gifts. We went in kitchen.

I grabbed beer for both of them from fridge and gave them. They both went in living room.

I mixed the vegetables and noodles, cooked them for a minute and served in a plate. I grabbed a beer for me.

I walked towards them with my food in hand.

I sat beside Addy and she took the fork from my hand to eat.

"You guys didn't have to do that you know" I motioned the gifts.

Addy rolled her eyes "Gifts are best parts in birthday." She said with her mouth full.

David shook his head while looking at Addy. "No one could tell you eat like a pig the way you carry yourself"

I chuckled "I second that."

Addy pouted and continued eating.

It was my food.

I'd eat something else later. I ruffled her hair as she was munching. I looked over David, he was looking at us with a smile on his face.

I raised an eyebrow at him, he shrugged but the smile was still there.

He was still weird.

"So what your parents gave you?" She asked.

"Nothing" I muttered

"Wait, they gave you nothing on your 18th birthday?! Did you ask them for anything?" Addy was shocked while David was looking at me with disbelief.

"I kind of just woke up and no one was here." I huffed

"They don't remember maybe" David said nonchalantly

"Oh no" I leaned forward a bit "They sure remember. My mom was waiting for this day ever since they decided to sell me off for their business" I gritted my teeth.

I slumped back. It was true. Just after a week, the wedding would happen. I had to do something cause I gave my word to Ashely.

It's been two weeks since I had talked with Ashley. I was constantly thinking of any plan to cancel this marriage but I was out of luck.

Now I go to school, study and come back home. Just as I planned from the start but I hated it now.

Ashley started dating a guy named Andrew. The PDA was too much to bear. Sometimes I think she was doing this on purpose to make me jealous or to teach me a lesson.