Chapter 28

The sound of music was blasting through my headphones, blocking out every other noise from outside.

The sunny day made the sky looks bright. I was laying down under the tree with my arms under my head, looking up the sky.

It was lunch and I decided to stay in school to talk to Ashley.

I looked straight in front. Ashley. I could see inside cafeteria, it had a huge glass wall facing the ground where I was lying.

She was sitting in school cafeteria with her friends, chatting and laughing.

Here I was sulking and she was having a great time. Does this not affect her? I sighed and looked back upto the sky.

It's been few days since I told her about Octavia. Ever since then she started to avoid me.

She blocked my number and didn't even acknowledge my existence.

She couldn't just move on, could she?

Nah. Love doesn't just fade in few days.

I didn't know what to do after Ashley stormed off the other day. It was devastating. I couldn't live with the thought of her leaving me.

My friends told me to give her space, cause I was constantly spamming her with calls and messages.

They concluded that it was my fault. Well it was my fault but I just couldn't choose between the two of them.

They both are perfect.

I took out my headphones and switched off my Walkman. It's been a while since I used it, luckily it came in handy today.

Octavia wasn't here in school. She didn't tell me she was on leave. My phone's battery died so I couldn't call her.

It was a shitty day.

I don't know what I felt anymore. Why do I still feel lonely even though I have both of them?

I would never know.

I heard the bell ring indicating the end of lunch.

I got up and entered the building, looking for Ashley. I spotted her friends near locker.

I ran to them "Excuse me. Can you please tell me where I can find Ashley?" I asked as I pushed the rim of my glasses up.

A brunette came forward and crossed her arms, a failed attempt to intimidate me "What do you want from her?"

"Uh, we are partners in a project so she asked me to find her after lunch to talk about it" I lied

She believed the lie and told me to find her in parking lot.

I ran fast to catch her before she leaves.

I reached quickly and saw her putting down the things in back seat.

I walked to her nervously and cleared my throat. She turned around to face me.

I looked at her. I couldn't get over the fact how beautiful she was looking.

She frowned and rolled her eyes ignoring me. She started to walk off but I stopped her.

"Ashley, please talk to me" I pleaded

"I don't think there's anything left to talk about" She said quietly with her head down.

"Ash" My voice was almost inaudible. I was struggling to breathe.

She looked at me, her eyes were teary. The sight made my heart ache.

I reacher to wipe her eyes but she stepped back. She wiped her eyes harshly "You should go Alex. Now." She said coldly