Prologue 1 - 3

Prologue 1 - 3: Mirror of Darkness

Night Raven College | Mirror Chamber

"Nygah! The heck is this?!" Grim exclaims, tiny paws taking hold of the red-and-black, heart-shaped collar that suddenly appeared around his neck. It seems too be constricting the airflow from his throat as he desperately pulls and scratches the collar, preventing him from moving too much but it doesn't budge an inch.

"According to the laws of the Queen of Hearts number 23, "One shall not bring a cat into a festival," and you being a cat, means you have broken the rule." The red-haired male said, taking away the pen he had on his hand.

"I am not a cat nor a raccoon!" It stomps it foot in protest. "I'll just burn this right up... e-eh? I can't use my fire?!" Grim exclaims, trying to breath out more of its dangerous magic, but nothing came out from its mouth.

"Hmph! You won't be using any magic until I remove that collar. Therefore, you are no different from an ordinary cat with a collar." He said as Azul, who was standing behind him, claps his hands, an impressed expression on his face.

"As wonderful as always. Any type of magic gets sealed by your Unique Magic, Riddle." He praises him, an evil smile creeping up his face. "I want it." He whispers before wiping the smile off his face saying, "No, I wouldn't ever want that casted on me." He covers it quickly and replacing it with a professional one.

Once the students in the chamber have calmed down from their panic, Crowley rushes towards the ebony-haired male from earlier, scolding him for not training his familiar properly, only to be reprimanded that it wasn't his in the first place. "E-eh? It's not yours?"

"Yes, how many times do I have to tell you?!" He says, pointing a finger towards him. "Not only that, but I've also told you that he forced me out of the coffin and began chasing me around the school: demanding that I hand my uniform over." He crosses his arms over his chest, glaring at the man. "You didn't even listen to me and proceeded to drag me back here. You immediately assume things about people since you never let them finish." He walks closer to him causing Crowley to step back. "And the worst of them all, is making students do your bidding! Aren't you supposed to be the Headmaster? Not to say an adult!" He throws the finishing blow, stopping his advance once they were on the edge of the platform.

Leveret and the students watched the headmaster being scolded by the male; imaginary arrows being stabbed through his heart for every complain ran through their minds. This scene made some of the students shake their heads, others finding it hilarious while the rest were sighing at how pathetic their headmaster was beginning to look—especially for the five students standing on the same platform.

With an embarrass look on his face, Crowley places a hand over his mouth and cough—pretending that something is caught on his throat to keep what little pride he has. "A-anyways, let's get this out of the school." He raises a grumpy looking Grim. "Do not worry, we won't turn you into stew, for I am gracious."

"Gyaaah! Let me go!" Grim protests, struggling at the hands of a student—having been passed by Crowley. He was trying to scratch the hand of the new student but fails as his reach is reduced because of the collar on its neck. "I'm going to, going to... I'm going to become the greatest magician!" That was his last words before he was thrown out of the room—blocking out its cries.

"Wah... Now I kind of feel bad now, seeing how determined that cat-raccoon was." Leveret mutters, staring at the wooden door with a frown, the two males besides her hearing it; Kalim placing a hand over her shoulder with a smile—trying to cheer her up.

"Although we had a bit of trouble along the way, this brings the entrance ceremony to a close—" Crowley says, gaining the students attention, "—is what I would like to say if it were not for the fact that we missed a student." He says before turning to Leveret—the chamber erupting into a sea of chatter.

That statement caught the attention of the people standing on the platform, their body going stiff before turning to look at each other with a look that clearly says, 'we missed a student?' before focusing their attention on the female standing beside Kalim and Jamil who is just as stiff as stone.

"Way to activate one's social anxiety." Leveret mutters, the sheepish expression she had on her face turning into one filled with nervousness and awkwardness as she climbs up to the platform, following Crowley's instruction to stand in front of the mirror on the center of the platform.

Her palms were sweating profusely with each step she takes, heart racing in a fast pace that she feels like it might come out of her mouth from how conscious she was of everyone's gaze. But what made the trip to the mirror was the piercing gaze of the lion-eared male.

Standing in front of the floating mirror, her body suddenly froze in place when she meets a pair of empty eyes staring at her intensely—a wave of familiarity hitting her. Though it had no eyes or internal organs other than being a green, theatrical mask surrounded by smoke and fire, its sockets were narrowly looking at her fuchsia eyes—a hint that something is not right.

"State thy name."

It spoke in a cold and commanding tone. The volume of its voice was surprisingly deep enough to snap her out of her daze state and jolting in place as it booms throughout the entire chamber. Her body overwhelmed by a sense of impending doom as she mutters her name, cursing herself when she stuttered instead of saying it normally.

Sea of green flames burned behind the mask, lolling her into a daze state, evoking images of a beautiful woman with hair that was black as ebony, laughing alongside seven small people. It deviates from a happy scenery to an empty house; ink-like tar raining down the image. Just as quickly it appeared to her, it vanished just as fast before she could grasp the situation—the mirror's voice snapping her out of her daze.

"Leveret Netscher."

"The shape of thy's soul is..."

The students within the chamber were silent, eager, and curious to where the last person is going to be assigned, but the mirror remained stoic, causing the students to whisper among themselves. The mirror stayed silent with its eyes closed for a few more minutes before finally speaking.

"I canst not say."