Prologue 1 - 6

Prologue 1 - 6: Fashion Divo

Night Raven College, Hallway

The voyage to their next destination was surprisingly quiet and peaceful, completely opposite of the thought filled conversation the two of them had earlier. They were walking a few steps behind Crowley who was guiding them throughout the maze-like structure of the academy with faces filled with astonishment from how enormous and extravagant it was. Every intersection that they passes by had long and spacious halls with the same design. There were candles of various sizes that had green flames and pictures stationed on the wall, but as they were rounding up on the third corner—everything changed.

It was an open hallway. The limestone flooring and the red long carpet that was once green from the candles that lit the way were now white because of the light coming from the glassless window. It was like they were in another world—literally—with how the lights were softly shining down on them as they walked down the hallway. Instead of focusing on Crowley, their eyes were on the courtyard.

The moon was in full view, showing its beauty to those who are currently gazing up at it with admiration. It illuminated the whole courtyard, engulfing the trees and plants into white as they danced with the gentle breeze that briefly passed by. The water in the small cast stone fountain, where two birds were drinking on the top, reflected its radiance along with the stars present besides it which spread itself through the vast sky like sprinkles in a beautifully decorated cake. But like all good things in life, their marveling comes to its finale once they reach the end of the hall and climb up a grandiose spiral stairway.

They walked and walked up to what seemed like a never-ending stairway until they finally stopped at the top of the tower—Leveret almost complained to Crowley on when the spiral staircase was going to end due to how rigorous and woozy the entire flight was until she witnessed the floor they stopped at. Unlike the previous hallways they had already passed, the walls on each side were filled to the brim with pictures—symbolizing the long history the academy has gone through many, many years.

It was extravagant. Rather than the floating candles in the air, it was replaced with elegant and finely crafted chandeliers with golden edges that were designed like branches of a tree, branching out from the core which was the tree. The stones used on the archway looked expensive; not because it looked different from the other archway she has seen on their way here but because of how smooth and well-design the stones were placed on the wall which is paired with a mahogany door that has golden hinges on it—spreading like the roots of a tree.

Pausing for a moment in front with a phone at his hand, typing away on the screen before turning it off and putting it back into his pocket and getting back on guiding them up until they reached an intersection. Taking the left route, they continue their walk for a few more meters down the hall before stopping in front of a door with tudor-style archway.

Slowly walking up to the door, Crowley gently knocks on the door and coughs as an emphasis—although he was quite hesitant on doing so. "Professor Divus, are you in here?" He asks, a hint of nervousness dripping from his voice.

A few minutes after he knocked on the door, the sound of various glasses clattering followed by a series of angry stomps can be heard, each step growing louder and louder the closer the owner of the footsteps grows closer to the door that separates the two before it bursts open—the sound echoing throughout the empty hallway which surprised not only the headmaster but also Leveret and Yuu.

"Would you care to explain why the academy smells—and I mean it literally—like burning charcoal, Headmaster Dire?" A husky yet modulated voice asks followed by the sound of a whip coming in contact with skin.