Prologue 1 - 10

Night Raven College | Cafeteria

It was late in the afternoon. The sun has gone by and is now ready to go to the other side of the globe and let the moon take over its spot for the day; a wonderful mix of bright pastel colors paint the sky like a canvas upon his descend, its rays passing through the gigantic windows in the cafeteria and landing on the wooden tables and benches like some tablecloth. The tables were made from walnut wood that's enhanced with magic so that it would not break immediately if a fight using magic or strong force destroyed it same with the bench that compliments it—both long so that it would be enough for at least a dozen students to eat and even use as a regular study table for them.

The cafeteria was very quiet since lunch break has long ended, so there were neither ghosts nor a single being—the perfect place for a certain therianpian to sleep in if it were not for two figures marching in the room: one was a small grey cat and the other is a tall male with fluffy ebony hair which was a mess. Both were quite pale and haggard, dust plastered on their faces and body like paint as if they just came back from fighting with each other. Their backs were hunched over as they slowly made their way to the nearest bench they could reach and slump over to rest, a frown on their faces.

"I'm beat from cleaning all day and now we have to clean a hundred windows to make-up for this morning." Grim mumbles, tail lowering at the thought that they still have more work to do rather than heading back to their rundown dorm. Looking up to Yuu, he asks him to lift him up so he can lie down on the bench.

Now, from what Yuu has observed, Grim is a rather prideful fellow and doesn't help anyone at all unless they have something for him in return—as seen from last night. Yuu muses that it was quite wasteful for him to use their ration for that but if he were to think about it, it proved to be rather fruitful as they have something to make him do what they want as well as earning some brownie points, thus didn't bother him. So it was quite something when he did ask for help without any sort of conditions attached, but seeing the amount of physical labor they did today, he didn't bother mentioning it or make a teasing comment about it as he would have done the same if he was dead tired—any person would actually.

Leaning on the table in exhaustion, he props his arms to rest it and blankly stares at the ceiling, mind thinking back on how exhausting the day has been for a few moments before closing them. "It's not like we had any choices in the matter. I mean, It was either this or having to worm our way out of trouble—again—by blackmailing Crowley about releasing an article entitled Two Teens from Another World Summoned in Night College College! Deliberate or Not? Or just plainly guilt trip the man," he sighs, "which I honestly have no intention of doing even if it has a high chance of getting us out of this situation."

"Ehh?!" Grim looks at him in shock. He was unable to understand why he wouldn't do that. They could've gotten home at this moment rather than staying and waiting for Ace. He could have lavished himself with the tuna Yuu promised to give him, which he knows Yuu has hidden in the room since he saw Crowley give him a fairly large paper bag that morning before leaving the dorm. "Why wouldn't you do that?! We could've been in the dorm now: resting and eating!" He hisses, ears flaring in anger—betrayed by what he just found out.

Shaking his head at how shortsighted Grim was, he raises a hand and lightly flick Grim on the forehead which causes him to yelp, hands immediately flying up to cover the area and hissing at him, saying it hurts. Unafraid of the look he was giving, he rolled his eyes and leaned down to his level saying, "and if I did do that, he would've ratted us out to Lev." He says, crossing his arms as he leaned back. "I'd rather not face her wrath or any of her punches," he shuddered at the thought. Though it was simply a passing thought he imagined, he was quickly reminded of her brute strength which—according to the direct source herself—is not even her full power. Just imagining what would have happened to him if either him or Grim were ever to make her angry to that point causes another chill to run down his spine. "But," he glances at Grim, "if you really insist on using that tactic, please do so." He smirks at him. "Not like no one is stopping you from doing that, but I ain't helping you if that backfires."